Question on cradle mounting bushings/spacers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Question on cradle mounting bushings/spacers in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I was changing brake pads yesterday (Autozone ceramics, I know: sacrilegious, but if I do track my V I'll swap ...
    PJGross is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Question on cradle mounting bushings/spacers

I was changing brake pads yesterday (Autozone ceramics, I know: sacrilegious, but if I do track my V I'll swap out for high temp track pads and I'll have far less brake dust on the fronts at least for daily driving) and I was looking at my rear cradle mount points.

It appears that I have 1/2" or 5/8" thick steel washers/spacers on the top and bottom of the cradle mounts. This appears to effectively solid mount the cradle up and down, and I'm not sure what is inside between the bolt and cradle mount. There is definitely no rubber/poly between the metal parts in a vertical sandwich.

The previous owner added BMR diff support, bmr cross bar between the control arm mounts, and hotchkis sway bar. I'm wondering if the spacers are part of the BMR "anti-wheel hop" kit? I've never seen exactly what that kit entailed.

He would have done all this in 2006 or so. It would have been done by a northern california speed shop, not by the owner so I'm thinking they were a purchased kit. Any ideas? I guess I can always loosen/remove one of the bolts to see what is going on, but didn't have time to mess with it yesterday.

Oh, they appeared to be black in color, but definitely steel.

Thanks,

PJ Gross

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Re: Question on cradle mounting bushings/spacers

Quote Originally Posted by PJGross View Post
    I was changing brake pads yesterday (Autozone ceramics, I know: sacrilegious, but if I do track my V I'll swap out for high temp track pads and I'll have far less brake dust on the fronts at least for daily driving) and I was looking at my rear cradle mount points.

It appears that I have 1/2" or 5/8" thick steel washers/spacers on the top and bottom of the cradle mounts. This appears to effectively solid mount the cradle up and down, and I'm not sure what is inside between the bolt and cradle mount. There is definitely no rubber/poly between the metal parts in a vertical sandwich.

The previous owner added BMR diff support, bmr cross bar between the control arm mounts, and hotchkis sway bar. I'm wondering if the spacers are part of the BMR "anti-wheel hop" kit? I've never seen exactly what that kit entailed.

He would have done all this in 2006 or so. It would have been done by a northern california speed shop, not by the owner so I'm thinking they were a purchased kit. Any ideas? I guess I can always loosen/remove one of the bolts to see what is going on, but didn't have time to mess with it yesterday.

Oh, they appeared to be black in color, but definitely steel.

Thanks,

PJ Gross
    Usually when I see the word Autozone in a thread, I beeline out of it. But I'm in a good mood so what the hay...

The BMR kit has urethane bushings on the top cradle mount bushings. Not metal. Either they tried the "washer mod" or they used something else.

Pictures help also.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.