Sold the V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Sold the V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey Guys, Well it was a great journey. I absolutely loved my V but after 4.5 years its time to ...
    whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Sold the V

Hey Guys,

Well it was a great journey. I absolutely loved my V but after 4.5 years its time to move on. The buyer is a forum member and had a 2004 V several years ago. He is a great guys and I couldn't be happier that a V enthusiast got my car. The Raptor is now my daily driver. Its not as fast but its still a lot of fun to drive. We picked up a CTS coupe for the wife and had some Vossens put on it. It is a sexy looking car.

For those wondering, I got $25k for my 2007 V with 59k miles. Its not what I wanted but in order to get the coupe by Aug 31 (end of month deals) I had to list her low. I had 4 offers at $25k within the same day. I have no doubt that I could have got $28k. For all the haters out there, the offers that I got were all from gear heads who wanted to not only buy a V, but also cam it. I knew that I was going after a small market, but for the guy who is going to buy a 2007 V then cam it with proper complementing mods, $28k would have been a very fair price. Several of them asked why it was listed so low, I explained that we had limited time to snag a deal on a coupe that was on the lot.

I'll still be on the forums adding my $0.02 to the V conversations and trying not to get any more "infractions" from the mods for "insulting other users".

Here are a few pics I took while my wife was taking delivery of the coupe...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Sold the V

White is so classy looking ... love the wheels, too. Sorry to see you go, but ...

... you'll be back.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

tommy compton is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

Yet another reason not to get married.
    I'm sure she'll enjoy it.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Must be like the flu.

I just got three or four quotes on a V2.

Still considering..................................

texasseville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

That color coupe with those wheels is just perfect looking....congrats on the new ride!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

I think I liked the 140mph w/ stripper thread better...
    ahahnu and ahahnu like this.

KOster88 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I was the one who Bought Whisler's V. This is kind of crazy how this all went happened. I owned a CTS-V (a 2004 in 2007). LOOOOOOOOOVED this car. Used to read alot on the forums, and go to as many CTS-V meets as I could. Whisler and I hung out a few times, and had a blast. I had the car almost a year, until the Diff went out (from Sewell Caddilac's Poter hot rodding my car, looooong story). And I decided to sell it. I didn't come back on the forums much because I was heartbroken that I didn't own a V anymore. Somehow Whisler and I lost touch.

Few years later, and a few cars in the meantime, I still was not able to replace the void I had in my heart for a V. I'm in the Car business, and I run a Large Pre-Owned Dealership with all late Model cars. I can drive anything I want, yet I rarely find something I like even close to as much as I do a V.

So... I just couldn't take it anymore. I talked the wife into letting me get one more toy, and started looking on CL for a V. I looked through a few of them, and then I saw one, that had a YouTube Video... Wow. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was Whislers car. I have know Whisler since almost the time be bought that car brand new, and had no mods on it. I saw this huge list of Mods, which was EVERYTHING I wanted to do a V if I bought one. I knew Whisler probably rode this car hard (I mean thats what we do with these cars right)....And... at 5xk Miles he already blew the motor. But.... I knew that as hard as he was on the car, he equally took care of it and maintained it. The car just got a fresh motor Build, along with many other goodies. I couldn't resist. 25k was a fair price for the car (I'm in the biz, I could have MAYYYYBE found one a bit cheaper), but was an excelent deal with all of the goodies he added to the car.

He had every Doc, pic, video, and Receipt on this car. wow. a whole thumb drive of stuff on that car since day1. I even found pics of our cars together in 2007.. Pretty interesting to me.
    Get this...

So Whisler and I live about 40 min from where I work. Yesterday he drives all the way out to the Dealership I work at to bring me a shiftknob he had ordered for the V. Installed it for me. The other one was kinda falling apart, and needed to be replaced. I felt like I kind of adopted his child, and he wanted to make sure his kid was taken care of, and looking right.

I bought the car, and couldn't be happier. I like I got my HS Girl back!!! hahahah..

Thanks Whisler!!! I'll try my best to take care of her as well as you did. And if you ever want to drive her for the weekend, just hit me up.
    whisler151 and whisler151 like this.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

No doubt about it, Whisler's V is a legend.

wcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Maggied

What sucks now though is; you have to delete ur account and you have to show ur wifey how to make one for herself

; )

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 LS6 Stealth Grey

I don't like this. Congrats on the new car. Your stripper story will never be forgotten.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    Must be like the flu.

I just got three or four quotes on a V2.

Still considering..................................
    So, you're selling the Vette?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

tis all p00p.

wcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Maggied

^ Nerd Alert

takes one to blow one.
    lollygagger8 and lollygagger8 like this.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    So, you're selling the Vette?
    I may be buried in it.

Kinda like:

http://italiansupercars.blogspot.com/2007/08/woman-buried-in-ferrari.html

you can TRY to take it with ya.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.