Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Sold the V

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  thebigjimsho 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

Well it was a great journey. I absolutely loved my V but after 4.5 years its time to move on. The buyer is a forum member and had a 2004 V several years ago. He is a great guys and I couldn't be happier that a V enthusiast got my car. The Raptor is now my daily driver. Its not as fast but its still a lot of fun to drive. We picked up a CTS coupe for the wife and had some Vossens put on it. It is a sexy looking car.

For those wondering, I got $25k for my 2007 V with 59k miles. Its not what I wanted but in order to get the coupe by Aug 31 (end of month deals) I had to list her low. I had 4 offers at $25k within the same day. I have no doubt that I could have got $28k. For all the haters out there, the offers that I got were all from gear heads who wanted to not only buy a V, but also cam it. I knew that I was going after a small market, but for the guy who is going to buy a 2007 V then cam it with proper complementing mods, $28k would have been a very fair price. Several of them asked why it was listed so low, I explained that we had limited time to snag a deal on a coupe that was on the lot.

I'll still be on the forums adding my $0.02 to the V conversations and trying not to get any more "infractions" from the mods for "insulting other users".

Here are a few pics I took while my wife was taking delivery of the coupe...

See less See more
#7 ·
I was the one who Bought Whisler's V. This is kind of crazy how this all went happened. I owned a CTS-V (a 2004 in 2007). LOOOOOOOOOVED this car. Used to read alot on the forums, and go to as many CTS-V meets as I could. Whisler and I hung out a few times, and had a blast. I had the car almost a year, until the Diff went out (from Sewell Caddilac's Poter hot rodding my car, looooong story). And I decided to sell it. I didn't come back on the forums much because I was heartbroken that I didn't own a V anymore. Somehow Whisler and I lost touch.

Few years later, and a few cars in the meantime, I still was not able to replace the void I had in my heart for a V. I'm in the Car business, and I run a Large Pre-Owned Dealership with all late Model cars. I can drive anything I want, yet I rarely find something I like even close to as much as I do a V.

So... I just couldn't take it anymore. I talked the wife into letting me get one more toy, and started looking on CL for a V. I looked through a few of them, and then I saw one, that had a YouTube Video... Wow. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was Whislers car. I have know Whisler since almost the time be bought that car brand new, and had no mods on it. I saw this huge list of Mods, which was EVERYTHING I wanted to do a V if I bought one. I knew Whisler probably rode this car hard (I mean thats what we do with these cars right)....And... at 5xk Miles he already blew the motor. But.... I knew that as hard as he was on the car, he equally took care of it and maintained it. The car just got a fresh motor Build, along with many other goodies. I couldn't resist. 25k was a fair price for the car (I'm in the biz, I could have MAYYYYBE found one a bit cheaper), but was an excelent deal with all of the goodies he added to the car.

He had every Doc, pic, video, and Receipt on this car. wow. a whole thumb drive of stuff on that car since day1. I even found pics of our cars together in 2007.. Pretty interesting to me.
Get this...

So Whisler and I live about 40 min from where I work. Yesterday he drives all the way out to the Dealership I work at to bring me a shiftknob he had ordered for the V. Installed it for me. The other one was kinda falling apart, and needed to be replaced. I felt like I kind of adopted his child, and he wanted to make sure his kid was taken care of, and looking right.

I bought the car, and couldn't be happier. I like I got my HS Girl back!!! hahahah..

Thanks Whisler!!! I'll try my best to take care of her as well as you did. And if you ever want to drive her for the weekend, just hit me up.

#10 ·
I don't like this. Congrats on the new car. Your stripper story will never be forgotten.

#17 ·
I studied your Magnaflow and Kooks video's many times. I ended up buying them after each post. Thanks for everything bro. Nice looking Coupe.

#19 ·
Thanks man. I've already gone back many times to listen to my YouTube videos. She was a sweet sounding V. Well, she still is, just with a new owner.

I'll miss all the late night tech question texts from you Brandon! :)

At least it went to a loving owner and you had a good time with your old V.

Whisler....always remember the one thing that will never change:

Cadillac > Ford
Thanks for answering all of those. You've helped me through axle install, shifter instal and many other random ass questions. This community is great. I couldn't be more exited that KOster88 bought my car. He will take good care of her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.