Eagle F1 Asymmetric Tires $112 a pop
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Eagle F1 Asymmetric Tires $112 a pop in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Saw this deal on TireRack if anyone was looking for a cheap set of tires... http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....utoModel=CTS-V...
    mstrjon32 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Eagle F1 Asymmetric Tires $112 a pop

Saw this deal on TireRack if anyone was looking for a cheap set of tires...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....utoModel=CTS-V

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Charlie Costello is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Red CTS-V and a Silver 2005 CTS-V

Re: Eagle F1 Asymmetric Tires $112 a pop

Guys, I am running NEXEN 7000 tires on my V's. The first set got 50,000 miles and still had great tread left. I installed new ones on both cars and used the four removed for four spares on wheels since as you know there is no spare in these cars. I love the ride, the traction, and the price. About 145.00 a piece. Great price for a tire that will last more than 50,000 miles. Of cource, mine are all 95% highway miles. My originals only got 21,000 miles, so that is my gauge. Sorry to sidetrack the thread, but good info is good. The NEXEN's are made in Korea (only bad thing). No singing or any other noise. Did not cup or chop either.

Yeah, there are lots of good tires out there. Eagle F1's are pretty crummy, all things considered...but if you just wanted a set to hit the track with...for $450 for the set that's a good price...

rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

That's a great deal. I have been running those same tires.

Now, do I get a new set, or will I find my V2 before my tires wear out ?

Are you happy (enough) with them rjoffe? I had two crappy sets of Goodyears in a row on different cars and I swore I'd never buy another set...but I don't really learn lessons in life, and $450 is a good price...

kj362006 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Tire description says 2007 production, so they are old tires. Tires deteriorate with age so i am not sure i wouldn't just spend the extra money on this one.

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by rjoffe View Post
    That's a great deal. I have been running those same tires.

Now, do I get a new set, or will I find my V2 before my tires wear out ?
    Do both and don't pay your house note!!!! You could always recline in those Recaros to get a good nap.......

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

But, are they a sexy tread pattern? If not, skip..they must not be any good.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

I have been very happy with them. They replaced a set of BF KDW's that I hated. Compared to the KDW, they are much quiter, feel significantly stiffer on the track, have better grip, and I hated the kdw tread pattern .

I have a bit over 20K miles, they probably have 5K left. That includes 3 track days which are tough on any tire, and I have not babied them in any way.

The only concern that I may have is that 2007 manufacture date (if that's actually valid). It really depends on how they were stored during that time.

If you are in the market for a set of stock sized tires, I would definitely go for it. I'm not that far from you if you want to check them out in person (N. VA)

Quote Originally Posted by mberisha View Post
    Do both and don't pay your house note!!!! You could always recline in those Recaros to get a good nap.......
    The problem isn't the house note, it's the wife . Either way those Recaro's better be comfortable for sleeping.

rjoffe...I appreciate the response and normally I'd be happy to meet up with another V owner just to BS, but I'm actually living in Germany. Maybe I should update my location in my profile...

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I wouldn't worry too much about the 2007 production, as Tire Rack's got all their tires stored in climate controlled warehouses.

I've never used the F1 Assymetrics myself, but they're supposed to be good tires. Tire Rack's numbers put them on par with the Holy Grail of tires (), the Michelin PS2.

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by mstrjon32 View Post
    rjoffe...I appreciate the response and normally I'd be happy to meet up with another V owner just to BS, but I'm actually living in Germany. Maybe I should update my location in my profile...
    Like I said at the 'Ring bro.....you are soooo lazy....you can't even update your location!!!!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post

I've never used the F1 Assymetrics myself, but they're supposed to be good tires. Tire Rack's numbers put them on par with the Holy Grail of tires (), the Michelin PS2.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Aurora40 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by rjoffe View Post
    I have been very happy with them. They replaced a set of BF KDW's that I hated. Compared to the KDW, they are much quiter, feel significantly stiffer on the track, have better grip, and I hated the kdw tread pattern .

I have a bit over 20K miles, they probably have 5K left. That includes 3 track days which are tough on any tire, and I have not babied them in any way.

The only concern that I may have is that 2007 manufacture date (if that's actually valid). It really depends on how they were stored during that time.

If you are in the market for a set of stock sized tires, I would definitely go for it. I'm not that far from you if you want to check them out in person (N. VA)
    Interesting to hear the comparison between them and the KDW's. I thought the KDW's were great for the price, though they sure do make noise. These are even cheaper, so it sounds like a real nice deal. 2007 is less than 5 years, I wouldn't really be that concerned. If I paid full price and the tires were 4 years old, I'd be pissed. But at that price they sound great.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.