Transmission issues (Implodes) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Transmission issues (Implodes) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Heavymetals, from what I understand, the TR6060 only applies to the 2008 and newer vettes. It would be nice, but ...
    Charlie Costello is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Red CTS-V and a Silver 2005 CTS-V

Re: Transmission issues (Implodes)

Heavymetals, from what I understand, the TR6060 only applies to the 2008 and newer vettes. It would be nice, but since not available, we are stuck with what we have. RPM called yesterday with the completed trans shipping the same day. They said I should have in today. We are installing it at my shop on Friday. I will report the results this weekend.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Good thing RPM is close to me. I know where I'll be going if I ever have a problem.

Knock knock knocking on some wood

GDPossehl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

Just FYI, tick performance is offering standard t56 rebuilds for about $1g and I believe that includes shipping. You just have to able to afford the downtime. A cheap rental car could probably suffice if the V is your only car. Tip: find your nearest Hertz local edition - off airport location, walk in and tell them your car broke down and you need a cheap replacement rental. Negotiate from there. You can probably get a decent car for about $30 a day after tax.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by GDPossehl View Post
    Just FYI, tick performance is offering standard t56 rebuilds for about $1g and I believe that includes shipping. You just have to able to afford the downtime. A cheap rental car could probably suffice if the V is your only car. Tip: find your nearest Hertz local edition - off airport location, walk in and tell them your car broke down and you need a cheap replacement rental. Negotiate from there. You can probably get a decent car for about $30 a day after tax.
    And throw the trans in the back of the rental and drive the transmission over to Tick Performance. It'd be cheaper than shipping the trans back and forth! lol

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Costello View Post
    Heavymetals, from what I understand, the TR6060 only applies to the 2008 and newer vettes. It would be nice, but since not available, we are stuck with what we have. RPM called yesterday with the completed trans shipping the same day. They said I should have in today. We are installing it at my shop on Friday. I will report the results this weekend.
    If you take the time to read the ad it specifically mentions the CTS-V.

"The same goes for any 2004-2008 Cadillac CTSV...."

Charlie Costello is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Red CTS-V and a Silver 2005 CTS-V

heavymetals,
    Unless I am reading a different portion of their website, I just looked at it again, and it says 2009 and up for CTSV for the TR6060. Let me know if I am reading the wrong section.

Black Sunshine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

You can add me to the list on the reverse gear. Mine locked up on the highway at 70 MPH and 103,000 miles (3000 out of warranty). GM offered to "let me" pay them to do an R&R at the Caddy dealer and "IF" it's was their bad they would reimburse me and fix it. I said, "Thanks but no thanks.".

RPM came over to OH and picked up the car, did a Stage V rebuild and the LS7 flywheel/clutch package.

They've seen every part in a tranny break and fixed em.

Everything great until 184,000 miles when I had completely worn out 6th gear. RPM had me in at 9 am and ready to go at 2 pm, same day.

Old 5th/6th gear on left. There are no teeth left on the lower part (6th gear) of the combo gear.

RPM's Tremec builder has evidence in his tool box (tranny tag off every rebuild, gallon zip lock bags full) of having rebuilt more Tremec's than anyone I've been able to find. Maybe even Tremec.

I have been VERY impressed with RPM. Their service is second to none and they are simply good ol' gearheads like us.

This was the icing on the cake.
    After they fixed the 6th gear I asked them to check the rear (rebuilt under warranty at 42K miles) and service it. They pulled the plug and nothing would come out. It was amazing I even made the 600 miles to their shop with this.

They pulled a dust collecting, adandoned but brand new in the box, open CTS-V rear end with 3.42's outta their parts room. Pulled my rear end apart, installed the 3.42's, their custom springs and corvette clutches and reinstalled in my car AND rebuilt the new open rear with my original 3.73's and threw this new rearend in my trunk. Killer deal. Just the kinda guy that owns RPM.

Here's a pic of a lil project the RPM owner had in his office!

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

heavymetals,
    Unless I am reading a different portion of their website, I just looked at it again, and it says 2009 and up for CTSV for the TR6060. Let me know if I am reading the wrong section. I have been known to be a total fukc up as you gracefully pointed out.
    Here is the link to his ad in the Corvette forum.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-z...ansmisson.html

Read the whole ad...

Mike Yeager is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi guys, I have just joined as a regular member, but I have had many phone calls telling me that someone over here claimed we do not do the 2004-2007 CTSV's T56 to TR6060 Change Overs...Well WE DO build them for 2004-2007 CTSV's...We can take your T56 and Turn it into a TR6060, please visit the link that has been posted in this thread a few times I think...anyway call me anytime if you have any questions at all...

thanks
    Mike Yeager
    1-864-404-1776

P.S WE DO NOT HAVE A WEBSITE, we are a major supporting vendor on CorvetteForum.com & LS1tech.com...

yooper is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV and Caddy powered Chevy

Hmmm TR6060 with an internal pump and 1pc drive shaft

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    Hmmm TR6060 with an internal pump and 1pc drive shaft
    Hi yooper, why are you scratching your head..?? We build these T56 to TR6060 Change Overs every day, our Lowest unit will handle 800rwHP/TQ, we do for C5 & C6 Corvette Owners, 98-2002 F-body Owners, GTO Owners, Cadillac Owners, Ford GT40 Owners and Viper Owners... We also build a much stronger unit for guys that are going drag racing or road racing every single weekend with over 800rw ft/lbs of TQ..

Heavymetal, sorry for any confusion, but I was only on the RPM website. Our statements were both right given the info we had.

By the way, RPM new trans is very nice.
    Hi Charlie, have you not seen or cant see the links that have been posted in this thread..?? thats what everyone else was speaking of...Which level did you get..??

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG
    RPM did a M6 conversion w/ a Level V build for me.
    It shifts great and the taller gears are a nicer match for my torque curve.
    However, I'd be real interested in the TR6060 conversion w/ C6 Z06 ratios, if I needed trans work now.
    Someone has got to do that.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Yeager View Post
    Hi yooper, why are you scratching your head..?? We build these T56 to TR6060 Change Overs every day, our Lowest unit will handle 800rwHP/TQ, we do for C5 & C6 Corvette Owners, 98-2002 F-body Owners, GTO Owners, Cadillac Owners, Ford GT40 Owners and Viper Owners... We also build a much stronger unit for guys that are going drag racing or road racing every single weekend with over 800rw ft/lbs of TQ..
    Wish this was available 3 years ago.

Mike, can you provide some info on your trans fluid (mentioned in the link)?
    I have been looking for Syngear but cant find any.
    What is yours?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

All the fluff, nonsense, back and forth, I'm right, you're wrong, well I'm right too because I didn't know, wah, wah, wah has been removed. All that remains are the facts.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.