Auxiliary Input for MP3/Iphone
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Auxiliary Input for MP3/Iphone in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey guys I have tried 2 different FM modulators and it is just not for me. I would like to ...
    Driftwood420 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 V stock, silver on black

Auxiliary Input for MP3/Iphone

Hey guys I have tried 2 different FM modulators and it is just not for me. I would like to add an auxiliary input to plug in my iphone. I like the idea of just have the cable to plug in to the headphone jack so itunes, pandora, phone and all outputs work.

Has anyone tried this on the V?
    http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answe...tch/index.html

Thanks for any additional input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

AG'S-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: Auxiliary Input for MP3/Iphone

I have a USA SPEC ipod/aux hook up for sale in parts/classifieds...will allow you to do what you're taking about, I did all those things with mine.

One person is currently eyeballing it, if that falls through it'll be available.

DrSzabo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V - Light Platinum

I did that mod and it sounds like crap. I spliced the wires as opposed to cutting them, which might be the problem tho others said they spliced and it sounded fine. I used to listen to my iPod all of the time in my previous car but I can barely stand to listen to it with this mod bc it sounds so bad! I mean, it works, but if you want sound quality, then this probably isn't your best choice.

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

Not tryin to flame you but It really depends on the install. My Aux jack doesnt have any interference or static. You might want to open it back up and solder the connections.

DrSzabo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V - Light Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post
    Not tryin to flame you but It really depends on the install. My Aux jack doesnt have any interference or static. You might want to open it back up and solder the connections.
    Y aI used the Radio Shack tap in connectors...being that the wires are so tiny it might not have the best of connections. Did you cut the wires or just tap into them?

Driftwood420 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 V stock, silver on black

I will be trying this over the weekend. I will post my results.

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

i just tapped into them.. dont use the spade connectors they are VERY hit or miss... I stripped the wire down, then tightly wound the wire around the stripped section.. i tapped a little bit of solder on the connections but thats a bit overkill.. a tight wrap with electrical tape would work just fine

hindsight: I would just cut the wires.. i dont use XM and its kind of a pain to change the channel to zero on the XM band every time i get in the car.. not really a big deal but my ONLY gripe. This method WORKS.. great sound quality.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.