Oldest V Owner? - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Oldest V Owner? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by 50 4Ever I was there July 23rd and 24th, there was an Atom there but it wasn't ...
    Dennisscars is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt

Re: Oldest V Owner?

Quote Originally Posted by 50 4Ever View Post
    I was there July 23rd and 24th, there was an Atom there but it wasn't you. I liked the back straight T9, T10 & T11. The first day I got T6 and T9 confused, I exited turn 6 and I thought it was 9 - hard getting the car whoad down after I realized my mistake. That is one monster track.

What is this green thing you'tre racing now? How do you put a supercharger on that???

No F'n way!!.. Hooked on Driving same weekend. That was me and the blue car was from OR.. Same here, lots of turns as bad as Spring Mt about getting lost.

Turned a 2:05 at LS in an all stock Electric Volt with stock low rolling resistance green tires at an electric car event. Drove it there and got almost 50 mpg. Next year I'm going to run it with Continental Cup take off real deal slicks. I think I can get under 2:00 with real tires. Switched Atom to E85 because it's 110 octane, picked up 30Hp just with green juice.

Glad to see the old legacy names..

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

You still have the V??

oh heck yeah.. still on original rear diff

I got to drive one of the new ones at the GM test ride thing at Laguna Seca. Pretty impressive and pretty comparable to a maggied V but the mag ride was awfully impressive. But if I bought one I would have to track it too.

would be interesting to know how many of legacy people still have their car.

2004ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Still own the 2004 - still maggied - same StealthV tune - still showing the snot nosed ricer boys with fart cans what an American V8 will do

Has anyone tried slipping that little blue pill into the diff to stiffen it up some?

Excuse me, gotta go pee again
    rand49er and rand49er like this.

50 4Ever is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V (Thunder Grey)

Like a few others myt original V was totalled, but I replaced it with an 07 V.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dennisscars View Post
    Somebody say Track day?...

Tracking the green now..

Attachment 79783

I wonder how many laps before the engine has to fire up

//TJ on
    It'd get about 4 laps before it'd switch over. But I was running Mt mode so maybe I could have gotten another lap. Car no faster on ICE than battery, it's actually faster in EV sport mode than ICE. I went six months without buying gas before this trip and have only bought 26 gals since Jan. So I'm saving the planet..

The non water cooled Tesla's would overheat after about two. MiniE Cooper only about 3 laps. I actually ran the day before in the regular car group. Car amazingly flat in turns and with regen stops like a mofo.. With sticky tires I'll break 2:00 next year.

It was windy and the wife was peeking over a chain link fence so be nice about the video.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1168671...40379786695570

//TJ off
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

oh heck yeah.. still on original rear diff

I got to drive one of the new ones at the GM test ride thing at Laguna Seca. Pretty impressive and pretty comparable to a maggied V but the mag ride was awfully impressive. But if I bought one I would have to track it too.

would be interesting to know how many of legacy people still have their car.
    i still have my '04. Kinda. It's totaled. Lightly, though. Even if it's not by me, hopefully it will drive again soon...

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

//TJ on
    It'd get about 4 laps before it'd switch over. But I was running Mt mode so maybe I could have gotten another lap. Car no faster on ICE than battery, it's actually faster in EV sport mode than ICE. I went six months without buying gas before this trip and have only bought 26 gals since Jan. So I'm saving the planet..

The non water cooled Tesla's would overheat after about two. MiniE Cooper only about 3 laps. I actually ran the day before in the regular car group. Car amazingly flat in turns and with regen stops like a mofo.. With sticky tires I'll break 2:00 next year.

It was windy and the wife was peeking over a chain link fence so be nice about the video.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1168671...03797866 95570

//TJ off
    Pretty cool! How many Volts are out there doing this? Being near the GM Proving Grounds, I see them occasionally on the street, but never heard of any tracking.

You're so green.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

I doubt very many, if any. Most are the birkenstock type.

Actually considering switching the V over to E85, I switched the Atom over when I put a bigger blower and 100 octane went to $8/gal and was burning 7 gals in a 20 min run. Plus same dyno same day picked up 30Hp just switching to E85 and a few more degrees timing, plus the cooling effect of evaporating E.

Geez... what's up with all the totaller's? A few track days will help with that...

Well, I am tracking my '09 V...

50 4Ever is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V (Thunder Grey)

I doubt very many, if any. Most are the birkenstock type.

Geez... what's up with all the totaller's? A few track days will help with that...
    Some lady in a minivan full of kids hit me going about 45 mph while I was stopped in traffic waiting for a red light. Track days wouldn't have helped in this situation, but the track days helped relieve the frustration...
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

ok ok.. I'll take it back..

more than three seems like alot though..

Here ya go...

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG
    Looks like an ideal candidate for zzilla's soon to be released Widebody Kit.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    05 Mallett [M]/RPM CTS-V: 522WHP 487WTQ (DYNOmite) | 427 C5R Block | P&P LS7 Heads | Dry Sump Oil sys (12qt) | [M] Oi1 Cooler | Aeromotive 340 FP | LPE CAI | SW 1-3/4" Headars | RT Hi Flow Cats | B&B 3" Exhuast | ACT Twin Disk Clutch | UUC Shifter | RPM Trans Level-V Build | MN6 Geer Ratio Conv | Cryo Treated Diff | GM T2 Diff Cooler | [M] Anti Wheel Hop Kit | FG2 Shocks | SS Brake Limes | Slotted Cryo Rotars | [M] Modified Front Spindles | 275-35-19 PS2 F&R | [M] 19x9 Billet Whels F&R |

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.