Look what I just got in the mail
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Look what I just got in the mail in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Not sure how well this'll show up here, but basically this dealership wants to buy my V....
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Look what I just got in the mail

Not sure how well this'll show up here, but basically this dealership wants to buy my V.

'05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Look what I just got in the mail

You know, on second reading, this isn't for just CTS-Vs ... this is for ANY friggin' Cadillac, they just plopped CTS-V in there because that's what their records show for me.

This is a silly, every-day sales come on. They're just trying to drum up business and get rid of their 2011 stock of cars.

Dang! I've been hoodswaggled into putting that stupid letter on line!

Sometimes I think I was born yesterday.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

What happens is when you get old you forget to put on your glasses.

Don't ask.........

Heavy, if you wanna delete this thread, it'd be okay with me. I'm sorry I suckered into it!

cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

I think it is funny that a Cadillac dealer capitalized the C and the V not all letters as it appears on all CTS-V's and even Cadillac's website. Stupid thing to notice i know but it looks so weird that way. One thing is true it does seem that prices for fine examples are staying up there and yours is definately one of those fine examples even without the maggie.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    You know, don't laugh. I got one of those form letters in the mail proclaiming they would give me top dollar etc etc. Not only did they give me a great price on my trade they knocked a ton off the new car.

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 LS6 Stealth Grey

Do it Do it.
    ben.gators and ben.gators like this.

bjv
    bjv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    This is a silly, every-day sales come on. They're just trying to drum up business and get rid of their 2011 stock of cars.
    I noticed a radio advertisement a few days ago from one of our local dealers. They were asking for used cars to buy outright, not to trade in. I wondered if the used car market was real good right now, IOW people need cars but can't afford to buy new ones so they buy used ones.

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

nice title, this thread needs this:

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Every dealer does these stupid "promotions". You never get fair market value and the whole premise is to get you into a new car. They will play all sorts of games to make their money.

When I was trying to line up monies and financing to get my '04 V, the Honda dealer I bought my Accord from had one of these promotions. The dealer who knew the car, who serviced it, offered me a lowball $10,800 for my 3.5 year old car with 41k miles and an original sticker of $22,5K. My Caddy dealer got me the best financing rate and gave me more money on trade-in for the Accord than that stupid dealer...

Aurora40 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

The way you can tell it's a gimmick is right in the middle where it says in bold "This is not a gimmick".

Aurora40 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by bjv View Post
    I noticed a radio advertisement a few days ago from one of our local dealers. They were asking for used cars to buy outright, not to trade in. I wondered if the used car market was real good right now, IOW people need cars but can't afford to buy new ones so they buy used ones.
    I think they say that because then you think it's more likely to be real. Most people don't have a "spare" car laying around they don't need anymore. You sell yours, you'll need another one, whether it's a new car from them or a used car off their lot. It gets you to the dealership, which is about 99% of the point of their marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by ahahnu View Post
    Do it Do it.
    If the ATS-V was out now, I'd be down there pronto.

Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post
    nice title, this thread needs this:

Now, that was just plain mean.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Sell me your Maggie before you get rid of the V Randy!

I got one of those letters when I had an old 79 3/4 ton pickup with the dual side mounted gastanks. They wanted to buy it back because they blew up if they got T-boned. Good thing I got rid of that death trap! lolz

Aren't those rims those new 5 lug wishware pizza cutter ones?

Wait....wut?

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Now, that was just plain mean.
    you deserve it for tricking me into clicking on the thread expecting your with those pizza cutters on it

wait... wut?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.