This morning didn't start out too well...... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, This morning didn't start out too well...... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by mberisha Big Jim.....my fiance happend to walk by when I scrolled down on your accident pics and ...
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: This morning didn't start out too well......

Quote Originally Posted by mberisha View Post
    Big Jim.....my fiance happend to walk by when I scrolled down on your accident pics and just cringed.....wow....
    Just a few short hours earlier, I witnessed an accident that had a Honda Accord shoved across a highway median and T-Boned by a Malibu. The Accord split into 3 pieces with the driver still in her seat and lying flat...in the grass. The rear end severed and flew over oncoming traffic and into a ditch. The roof was flung in another direction. She and the 2 occupants of the Malibu were med-flighted out. I wouldn't be surprised if the woman died. The description of the accident doesn't do the pictures justice.

So after I got out of the car and looked at it and knew I was without a scratch, I shrugged my shoulders, was thankful I was OK and called 911. It's sad, but it is what it is...

Houdini is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

Well insurance approved everything and I bring it in for repairs the day after labor day. Headlight is 995 dollars, brand new front fascia is 721, and with paint/flex/labor the total is $2430ish. I told them to keep the stupid front license plate off the new bumper.... no holes baby! Can't wait to get her fixed.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

JFensty is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 Blk Cts-V
    You should see if you supplied the headlight would they give you the difference. From Lindsey I believe its 780. That's how I got my clear fogs

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    Well insurance approved everything and I bring it in for repairs the day after labor day. Headlight is 995 dollars, brand new front fascia is 721, and with paint/flex/labor the total is $2430ish. I told them to keep the stupid front license plate off the new bumper.... no holes baby! Can't wait to get her fixed.
    There is the silver lining...

InfrareV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

Sorry about the car, but I was actually curious about the recall. Did you get your letter? I've got an '06 with the airbag warning on that Cadillac is still claiming is ineligible. I've heard of '05 V's getting fixed and now your '07, but my '06 with the same issue is being left out in the cold?

Houdini is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

Yes I got the letter over a week ago. It could be that the recall is VIN specific but if you have the problem then you should be covered under it. Is Cadillac just telling you that you are not eligible yet or are they saying your can does not have a recall at all?

mstrjon32 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

First: I got the recall letter for my '06 a few months ago, but I'm too lazy to deal with it here in Germany.

Second: Any idea what the part number for your front fascia was? Mine needs to be repainted, and it has obviously been repaired before, and has three ugly holes in it for the stupid plate, so I'd like to just get a whole new one. No idea how hard that's going to be over here, half a world away...

cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by InfrareV View Post
    Sorry about the car, but I was actually curious about the recall. Did you get your letter? I've got an '06 with the airbag warning on that Cadillac is still claiming is ineligible. I've heard of '05 V's getting fixed and now your '07, but my '06 with the same issue is being left out in the cold?
    I got a letter from gm months ago then another letter when the parts were available took it in recall work performed but I never had a failure just went ahead and had recall done cause i got the letter. It would seem your would fit in there too, but cadillac customer service can run your vin and tell you or any Cadillac or GM dealer can too for that matter. I would ask another dealer or for a better reason for yours to not be effected.

Mystical_Ice is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    I hear this over and over and it makes no sense. Most clear bras are warrantied for life. A fresh paint job looks great until when? The first chip. Yeah, if you like munged up front ends, respray every whenever. After 5+ years, my V's front end looked spotless.
    A clearbra will protect you against the occasional pieces of sand, not a rock.

Source: Been there done that. Twice.

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by mstrjon32 View Post
    First: I got the recall letter for my '06 a few months ago, but I'm too lazy to deal with it here in Germany.

Second: Any idea what the part number for your front fascia was? Mine needs to be repainted, and it has obviously been repaired before, and has three ugly holes in it for the stupid plate, so I'd like to just get a whole new one. No idea how hard that's going to be over here, half a world away...
    Yup....got it too...and yup...too lazy to deal w/it in Germany....

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_Ice View Post
    A clearbra will protect you against the occasional pieces of sand, not a rock.

Source: Been there done that. Twice.
    Don't get the cheap stuff. I had multiple rocks hit my '04's front end. Got away unscathed. Venture Tape's VentureShield, BTW. If inch thick twisted steel cables have a hard time penetrating, small rocks are a piece of caek.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.