Need help!!! 07 ctsv rear end, what is it???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Need help!!! 07 ctsv rear end, what is it??? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Ok Guys I am needing your help. I have my CTSV at my local dealership now. I actually went by ...
    CTSVrolledOUT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Need help!!! 07 ctsv rear end, what is it???

Ok Guys I am needing your help. I have my CTSV at my local dealership now. I actually went by there today so they could show me what was going on with the car. Long story short, my drive shaft is rubbing into the gas tank!! It has melted the plastic and has almost ate a hole straight through the tank. By the looks of it, the whole rear end looks like it has shifted upward. I am not sure if the bushings have gone bad or what the deal is. I have the BMR rear bushings with the pinion bracket but I do not believe that is the problem. What could be causing this?? How everything looks and what things are happening, it almost looks like the gas tank has fell down and is rubbing on the drive shaft , but we do not believe that is the case. Some how the rear end has shifted upward and we cannot find any play in the rear end or the drive shaft. Anyone have any ideas??? Im guessing it is the rear diff bushings....

Here are some photos of what is going on!
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Re: Need help!!! 07 ctsv rear end, what is it???

Looks to me like you are missing the drive shaft support.

no that is towards the front of the car a hair more then what you see in the photos. the driveshaft support is there..

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

were your bushings for the rear end all the same thickness or did you have some thicker than others. If they started off thick then from the weight have pancaked then i would give specter a call and beg matt for his bushing kit if they have them available.

It looks like your bushings are giving more than the norm. the second pic is clear to see the bottom is much thicker than the top.

These photos have been sent to BMR suspension the people that make the bushings and wheel hop kit. The dealership seems to think that is the issue, but I don't believe it is.. those bushings have looked the same as they do now, and they were installed 40k miles ago. They sit over the top of the factory bushings

Still cannot figure out what it is.. Does anyone know if the 2004 CTSV gas tanks will work on the 2007 CTSV??? I know they are different part numbers but will they work??

Thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.