NEW 05 V owner - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, NEW 05 V owner in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Well, thnx fro that info.. Good stuff to know.. I'll drive it normal for a while since I never drove ...
    Newvee2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: NEW 05 V owner

Well, thnx fro that info.. Good stuff to know.. I'll drive it normal for a while since I never drove stick before so I think I won't be wheel hoping for a little while..LOL The car is on the delivery truck and headed my way so should have it in a few days.. Can't wait. I am very excited...

The V has arrived.. it feels great.. Even the delivery guy said it feels great.. I am going to get 2 new tires which it needs then take it for inspection. Once I get back its fluid change time.. Clutch and Diff will be first as suggested and of course oil ...Thanks for all the help.. Ill keep ya posted...

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Newvee2011 View Post
    ... I am going to get 2 new tires which it needs ...
    Let me guess: The rears?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

yupp, the rears..LOL Clutch fluid is done.. Now for the diff fluid.. Is there any way I can tell if the diff fluid needs to be changed ? Also, my side brake lights are out on both sides.. Figured I would replace the bulbs first but don't know what bulbs are the brake bulbs and what bulbs should I replace them with ? I have to get an inspection tomorrow...

ctsvdubbz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v

muffler delete??? explain....

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

yupp, the rears..LOL Clutch fluid is done.. Now for the diff fluid.. Is there any way I can tell if the diff fluid needs to be changed ? Also, my side brake lights are out on both sides.. Figured I would replace the bulbs first but don't know what bulbs are the brake bulbs and what bulbs should I replace them with ? I have to get an inspection tomorrow...
    Do the diff fluid regardless! Cheap insurance and it's easy to do.

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Welcome! Lots of new owners recently....

Read the FAQs site:
    http://www.cadillacfaq.com/

And the Sticky thread entitled FAQs at the top of the General Discussion forum.

Then report back with questions.

K, turned out to be the bulbs so that's dunn.. Inspection dunn.. Now when I shift gears it feels like the engine is moving.. I'm thinking it needs motor mounts.. I think I need a V owner in Dallas to drive my car and tell me what they think !! LOL I only been driving manual for a week.. LOL Any one in Dallas have some fre time over the weekend ?

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

... Now when I shift gears it feels like the engine is moving ...
    Not sure if I'm interpreting this correctly, but if it feels like the clutch is not fully disengaging, you may need to bleed the clutch more.

A sure sign the motor mounts are bad is if the motor seems to shake upon shut down.

Lots of guys in and around the Dallas area. Getting one of them to look at your car would be worth a couple of beers.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

DDS rollin a CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre

[REFLIST][/REFLIST]
    Quote Originally Posted by ctsvdubbz View Post
    muffler delete??? explain....
    Its pretty much what it sounds like. Take your car to a muffler shop, have them chop off the mufflers and replace them with 2.5" pipe, then pick out a nice set of tips. I pretty much did what this guy did:

It sounds AWSOME and is a lot cheaper than buying an aftermarket system if your budget is a bit tight right now. Its not too intrusive at regular driving conditions, but SCREAMS when you really get on it (at my last autocross event the sound guy measured my exhaust at 92db as I drove by at WOT!). I cant count how many people have stopped me now and told me how much they like the sound of my V. Its like they dont even really notice it until they hear it.

The engine does kind of shake a bit when I shut it down.. The clutch is brand new. wonder if it does still need to be bleed.. My beer fridge is always full so if anyone in or around Keller Texas has some time.. I would really appreciate an experienced look at the car.. Also, I will definitely take care of the muffler delete...Thanks...

K, so had a friend drive the car, not a V owner but knows manual.. He says that it is hard to put the shifter in 1st gear and after you get out of first we small a kind of a clutch burnt smell..Any thoughts ? Reminder, the clutch from what the dealer says in Brand new and the clutch fluid is clear...

GDPossehl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

Clutch not broken in yet?

The clutch is brand new so if it needs to be broken in then that definitely could be the cause of the smell...

K, new problem... When I hit the gas i hear a clanck in the rear I believe...What could this be ?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.