Driver HID turns on and off when cornering/braking hard
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Driver HID turns on and off when cornering/braking hard in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I have a strange issue, the HIDs in my car work fine 95% of the time. With spirited driving, however, ...
    killernoodle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V --- the RED one :)

Driver HID turns on and off when cornering/braking hard

I have a strange issue, the HIDs in my car work fine 95% of the time. With spirited driving, however, the driver side HID will turn off and then come back on about 10 seconds later, then goes off 10 seconds later, then back on, then off, etc until it finally gives up and stops working until the lights are shut off for a little while. Before I go ripping apart my wiring and swapping bulbs around, do any of you guys have any idea what might be going on?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

branland is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V SC

Re: Driver HID turns on and off when cornering/braking hard

I had that happen to me. I replaced both bulbs and it went a way temporarily, then it started happening again. I ended up replacing both ballast. Every now and then I still have an issue if the lights come on automatically when it gets dark.

hkd
    hkd is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Driver HID turns on and off when cornering/braking hard

Had this issue also. Dealership replaced my entire head lamp assembly and its been good since. If you search, you may find some threads about this issue. Some claim re-routing the headlamp wire harness away from the spark plug wires will correct the issue.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.