Cadillac CTS-V Racer
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Cadillac CTS-V Racer in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; ...
    HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Thumbs up Cadillac CTS-V Racer

10:27 Aug. 14, 2003)
    Cadillac CTS-V racer progresses, program expected to go ahead

</B></FONT>
    Former Cadillac prototype driver Max Angelelli is the leading driver in the General Motors divisionís attack on the SCCA Speed World Challenge GT class next season. Angelelli has already tested an early version of a Cadillac CTS-V racer, which will go up against BMW and Audi in the series. GM sources said the factory program will likely get the go-ahead. An official announcement is expected in late October. Pratt & Miller, which runs Chevroletís Corvette program, took part in the first-evolution CTS-Vís tests and appears first in line to race the car once the project gets final approval.

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content...._code=03367461

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: Cadillac CTS-V Racer

What do you suppose this might do to the other GM divisions who could easily be (or already are) competitive in this class like Chevrolet and Pontiac?
    I don't claim to know much about this stuff but with Cadillac jumping in the ring, couldn't this create some "in-house" batteling between GMs own divisions? I could easily see a CTSv, Corvette, and GTO out on the track at the same time duking it out. So how would this be cost effective?

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Correct me if Im wrong, which I probably am on this. But I think the vettes race in GTS class and the CTS V would be in GT class. If there was a GTO in there it would be GT class as well. It may be the ALMS I'm thinking of, which would make this info useless

This is what confuses me. All these different classes and what races in what class. My head is already spinning.

http://www.speedvisionwc.com/2003/index.html

Answers, we got answers!

In the SCCA Speed World Challange series, there are 2 classes. GT (V8 Cars) and Touring (4 bangers).

While its a professional series, most, if not all the teams are private.

There are several Z06 Corvettes competing. One is currently 2nd in points (although at 3 points ahead of the Audi, that might change next week).

I would think GM would rather have some Corvette guys 'switch' to Cadillac and let the factory race the Vette in the ALMS series instead.

This is the demographic Cadillac needs. They need sports car racers to consider the Cadillac as a serious sports sedan.

I'm not sure if the GTO is going racing. I think it's really a stop gap product until a real GTO arrives later this decade.

"I'm not sure if the GTO is going racing. I think it's really a stop gap product until a real GTO arrives later this decade."

Yeah? I hadn't heard anything about a "dedicated" GTO car. To be honest, I doubt the market is there to support the cost but who knows. They COULD recoup some of the cost by letting the GTO share componentry with a RWD Impala SS and Monte Carlo. And that I'm SURE would sell. GM needs to do some serious damage control with the hard-core Chevy fans and give them some REAL cars to love. It's a JOKE to have a RWD Monte Carlo "stock car" but have the ACTUAL production car be a FWD. And the WIMPala is just a JOKE. They need to stop jerking around with their most loyal fans and show that they care about their years of patronage.

"GM needs to do some serious damage control with the hard-core Chevy fans and give them some REAL cars to love."

I read a Lutz quote today that said he wasn't afraid of the Japanese BIG trucks. He said the reason the Big 3 lost small trucks to the Japanese in the '70's was because they weren't listening to the buyers. He said thats not an issue today with trucks. Then he added, we will do the same with our cars now.

I hope Lutz lives to be 100, because if he dies GMs turnaround might die too.

I too love the guy but that statement is dead wrong. In several key markets, import P/Us are gaining market share while domestic trucks are sliding. He's too smart to believe that statement. I'm more likely to believe that he was trying to bolster support and reassure stockholders. Like it or not, unless something drastic changes the landscape of the automotive industry, the "Big 3" are going the way of most other major American manufacturers. In case someone here is sticking their heads in the sand and fingers in their ears, think textiles, steel, etc.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.