ran a cbr 600
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, ran a cbr 600 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; raced a 2004 cbr 600 motorcycle the other day, HE got the jump on me at first, then my v ...
    alcindus is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thumbs up ran a cbr 600

raced a 2004 cbr 600 motorcycle the other day, HE got the jump on me at first, then my v began to reel him in..at the end aprox 1 mile I was so close to him I had to let off..speed 158 mph 5th gear to people in car. I was so proud

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: ran a cbr 600

shinkaze whadyathink 'bout this story?

Doubt my V would have kept up with my F3, much less an F4...maybe the rider wasn't all that excited after the two (3,4?) of you passed into triple digit speeds?

The CBR should have wasted you IMHO.

V-Max Guest

Motorcycles usually have inexperienced riders, yes-even in a straight line, and poor aerodynamics and no torque. 600cc are good to about 145ish or once they have to shift a gear. Catch a good rider on a road with curves and you can say good-bye.

Norm

haxorwear is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Give me a break, no torque? Say that to my hayabusa.

I love the V, but any car is a slug compared to my bike. Of course, until an Enzo makes it's way into my driveway (c'mon lottery).

-Tim

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

my VTR 1000 Superhawk (modded, 100RWHP) HAS torque, and makes me dizzy much akin to G-LOC when I hit her hard.....my V is nowhere anywhere near as fast as she is.

The CBR guy must have been scared or stupid or something.
    Still a run to 158 had to have been fun

DgtalPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V CAI, CAM, BB X-pipe, Baer Extreme Plus

Quote Originally Posted by haxorwear
    Give me a break, no torque? Say that to my hayabusa.

I love the V, but any car is a slug compared to my bike. Of course, until an Enzo makes it's way into my driveway (c'mon lottery).

-Tim
    His comment about no torque is accurate as he referenced a 600cc bike, your busa has 1300 (and yes it has torque).

Dgtal

Shinkaze is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by wildwhl
    shinkaze whadyathink 'bout this story?
    My stock CBR-600RR runs High 10's in the Qtr mile. I've beat a couple of Cobras and LS1's off the line leaving second gear. (Didn't even realize I was racing someone).

While I agree that many people riding bikes are inexperienced, even a noob can point the bike in a straight line and twist the throttle.

-Adam

Just rearead the post and I see you were at 158 mph. I think the 600RR tops out at 165 or so, but once you get above 120 the RR does start to slow down so it is possible the rider just didn't take it up all the way.

In raw acceleration a CTS-V is not even close to a 600cc sport bike. Top Speed isn't exactly a motorcycle forte.

D148L0 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkaze
    While I agree that many people riding bikes are inexperienced, even a noob can point the bike in a straight line and twist the throttle.

-Adam
    Ha ha, I agree... but then again, isn't that what most car drivers also do?

Did some research, cause you sparked my curiosity, it looks like you were at or near the 600RR's top speed afterall.

Cycle World, May 2003
    QTR Mile: 10.68@130mph
    Observed Top Speed: 156 mph

Motor Cyclist, June 2003
    QTR Mile: 10.94@127.13 mph
    Observed Top Speed: 162.2 mph

So, good strategy, Let him beat you to the mile marker than blow by him when he tops out

haxorwear is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by DgtalPimp
    His comment about no torque is accurate as he referenced a 600cc bike, your busa has 1300 (and yes it has torque).

Dgtal

Pound for pound, that 600 has more torque than the V. Still not a very accurate statement.

(Edit: Just to back that up -- 107.2hp @ 13,500 45.4tq @ 11,500 445lb wet. That would put it about right on with the V's torque specs, not above.)

Of course, pound for pound, the busa is even more disgusting. No more so than the newer 1-liters coming out with gobs of hp & torque. It's getting harder to keep the front wheels on these things down nowadays.

-Tim

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.