Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  haxorwear 
#1 ·
raced a 2004 cbr 600 motorcycle the other day, HE got the jump on me at first, then my v began to reel him in..at the end aprox 1 mile I was so close to him I had to let off..speed 158 mph 5th gear to people in car. I was so proud

#3 ·
I agree. In addition to my brake business I am also Motorsports Manager for the largest distributor of sportbike accessories in the United States. There's a simple thing at play here called power to weight ratio. Unless your V is pushing over 800 horsepower you should'nt bother racing a motorcycle, even one with 600 cc's.

G
#4 ·
Motorcycles usually have inexperienced riders, yes-even in a straight line, and poor aerodynamics and no torque. 600cc are good to about 145ish or once they have to shift a gear. Catch a good rider on a road with curves and you can say good-bye.

Norm

#7 ·
haxorwear said:
Give me a break, no torque? Say that to my hayabusa. :)

I love the V, but any car is a slug compared to my bike. Of course, until an Enzo makes it's way into my driveway (c'mon lottery).

-Tim
His comment about no torque is accurate as he referenced a 600cc bike, your busa has 1300 (and yes it has torque).

Dgtal

#9 ·
Just rearead the post and I see you were at 158 mph. I think the 600RR tops out at 165 or so, but once you get above 120 the RR does start to slow down so it is possible the rider just didn't take it up all the way.

In raw acceleration a CTS-V is not even close to a 600cc sport bike. Top Speed isn't exactly a motorcycle forte.

#11 ·
Did some research, cause you sparked my curiosity, it looks like you were at or near the 600RR's top speed afterall.

Cycle World, May 2003
QTR Mile: 10.68@130mph
Observed Top Speed: 156 mph

Motor Cyclist, June 2003
QTR Mile: 10.94@127.13 mph
Observed Top Speed: 162.2 mph

So, good strategy, Let him beat you to the mile marker than blow by him when he tops out :D

#12 · (Edited)
DgtalPimp said:
His comment about no torque is accurate as he referenced a 600cc bike, your busa has 1300 (and yes it has torque).

Dgtal

Pound for pound, that 600 has more torque than the V. Still not a very accurate statement.

(Edit: Just to back that up -- 107.2hp @ 13,500 45.4tq @ 11,500 445lb wet. That would put it about right on with the V's torque specs, not above.)

Of course, pound for pound, the busa is even more disgusting. No more so than the newer 1-liters coming out with gobs of hp & torque. It's getting harder to keep the front wheels on these things down nowadays. :lildevil:

-Tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.