Of the 2004-2007's, which would you choose?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Of the 2004-2007's, which would you choose? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey gang! Hoping to buy a V some time in the near future and am wondering if any of these ...
    joeybutts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Of the 2004-2007's, which would you choose?

Hey gang! Hoping to buy a V some time in the near future and am wondering if any of these particular years offer more than the other years. When I bought my Mustang I just went to the dealer, saw it and bought it. If I would have taken a little time to research I would have made a different decision.

The only two things that I have found reading through the FAQ and forum that lean me toward an '06 or '07 is the diff and the LS2. But if I can get an '05 for $16k and an '06 for $23k, is the $7k worth it?

Thanks guys and I'm looking forward to learning and enjoying as much of the V as I can!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

Re: Of the 2004-2007's, which would you choose?

I don't think we can really help you with this. You pointed out the two biggest differences.

The common answer seems to be that individual condition of the car you are looking at greatly out weighs the benefits of any specific year. What I mean is that I would pay more for a low mileage, one owner '04 than I would for a high mileage '07.

Good luck.

bjv
    bjv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 cts-v

I chose 2007 for myself. And it helped that a local dealer had one in stock.

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

2007 ftw.

cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

I agree mileage and condition are most important followed closely by warranty.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Get the newest, lowest mileage, best condition, lowest cost, best maintained one you can find.

'Nuff said.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

the one i have...

Thanks guys! I was thinking along the same lines as all of you guys. Guess I'll have to determine the mileage and condition and weigh it all out. Really appreciate confirmation.

Houdini is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

2007.... 100k powertrain warranty included. LS2 FTW! Either that or find a CPO car.

gsx-lex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cts-V

I love my 2007 black/black. I've tried to sell mine twice, but I can never bring myself to close the deal.

PArdon my ignorance Houdini, but what is a CPO car? Also, is 2007 when they started putting 100k warranties on the car?

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Certified Pre Owned

No "truck motor" comments yet? I am disappoint.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

Houdini is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

Yes, 2007 started the 100k powertrain warranties. Go with an 06-07... the 'torque motor'. :P

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

I personally would go with an 04' blown V, oh wait.

By the way the 06-07's have steering wheel radio controls as well whereas I don't.

WesH8398 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V
    All these suggestions are just going to be personal preference and opinion man, in the end you're obviously going to have to weigh the benefits/drawbacks and make your own decision. Personally, unlike many, I don't think mileage is a true indicator of the vehicle's worth. It unfortunately become a standard with used cars though. I almost feel like the number of owners is more important, as more owners = a higher possibility of abusive driving or issues that result in owners not wanting to deal with the car anymore and just passing the buck.
    The one thing that would be one of the best indicators of the vehicle's value is how it was maintained and how it was generally driven. I would have zero qualms with buying a car for top dollar with high mileage if I was confident that it was treated well through all those miles. Unfortunately, this is easily lied about and tough for the seller to prove to you. Thus, mileage becomes the next best thing 'cause it's easily proven and tough to circumvent.

In any event, go with the best value for your buck. Many of the 04/05's may have updated differentials, and who knows if the owner is even aware of that fact or aware of the value that it holds in terms of resale. Definitely get the maintenance/accident records (carfax, etc) to see for yourself if the car's been a 'problem car' and see what work/updates have been performed. If the car has had axle seals replaced a few times or more and yet you don't see a differential replacement or repair, I'd stay away. I'm sure the other guys will chime in about some more red flags in terms of warranty work and carfax reports. That report should really help you make your decision though. Buy a handful of em and once your down to having to decide between the final few cars, run em all.

That's just my .02

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.