Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Of the 2004-2007's, which would you choose?

3K views 45 replies 24 participants last post by  50 4Ever 
#1 ·
Hey gang! Hoping to buy a V some time in the near future and am wondering if any of these particular years offer more than the other years. When I bought my Mustang I just went to the dealer, saw it and bought it. If I would have taken a little time to research I would have made a different decision.

The only two things that I have found reading through the FAQ and forum that lean me toward an '06 or '07 is the diff and the LS2. But if I can get an '05 for $16k and an '06 for $23k, is the $7k worth it?

Thanks guys and I'm looking forward to learning and enjoying as much of the V as I can!

#38 ·
Yes, by far. I had a lot of problems with the transmission in the 05, wouldn't go into reverse problem. Not one single problem with the 07. None of the radio buttons are peeling, the 05 you just touched a button and the paint would flake off. The 07 is more fun to drive, more torquey engine. Oh yeah, the steering wheel radio controls aren't bad either, the replaced the cruise control buttons I had on the 05... ;-)

CPO - my earlier comment about it being not worth it - I meant you could do better yourself buying an extended warranty. IMHO the CPO warranty is over priced.

#37 ·
I'm still in love with my luxury cpo warranty. So worth the price premium I paid for my V. I can't imagine the many thousands of dollars I'd be out without it. I've even used the free towing once.

#40 ·
LS2 has a better PCM (computer) making it easier to tune for big mods.
Good thing, since if you get an LS2 you will want to swap that truck engine. :stirpot:
LS6 PCM can be tuned well too (even with engine swap), it just made my tuner complain that he wished I had the LS2 PCM to make his job easier.

Either way the tuner is far more important than the PCM as is the condition of the car you buy.
If staying nearly stock or just Maggie, I'd prefer LS6.
If modding either engine, upgrade your Fuel Pump upon exceeding 400 WHP.

#42 ·
I agree with earlier post " Go for the best all around deal ". My 05 I bought yesterday has 80K on it, but was a one owner who kept it bone stock and
rubbed it with a diaper. Also it was an extremely low price!!!! :highfive: So the higher miles and older model didn't concern me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.