I had to replace my battery today - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, I had to replace my battery today in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by rand49er This is good info. Still got the OEM battery in mine after 6-1/2 years. Started right ...
    darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: I had to replace my battery today

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    This is good info.

Still got the OEM battery in mine after 6-1/2 years. Started right up in late March after four months sitting in garage, no tender.

I think I'm on borrowed time.
    I got about 6 years on my OEM V battery, making it the longest lasting battery (car or motorcylcle) that I have ever owned.

KaMaSuTrA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by bcarv87 View Post
    Yeah I noticed that the voltage goes down while sitting but when driving/hitting the throttle the voltage goes back up. Is that an indication of the alternator dying? I know people had problems with the message "battery not charging" issue and that had nothing to do with the alternator.

Its not a daily driver and I have been busy working on my jetski lol. So I have'nt been messing with the car much but I want to get it fixed.
    Does it drop lower than 12 Volts? Or spike past 14 Volts?

bcarv87 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05` maggied V

Quote Originally Posted by KaMaSuTrA View Post
    Does it drop lower than 12 Volts? Or spike past 14 Volts?
    \

Drops to about 12, a few times its gone to 11.8, never more than 14.5. Like I said before I dont drive the car much (mostly weekends) so I'm not exactly sure how low it gets.

Just went out, started it and let it idle for ten minutes. 14.4 volts at start up then slowly went down to 13.6 in the ten minute span. Normal? I believe the alternator is working because when I blip the throttle the volts go down but jumps right back up.

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

I just dropped a new Group 78 battery in last night. The original stock battery still had life in it....but didn't want to chance it over the winter.

Looks like yet another stock battery went above the 6 year mark.....

LBee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS V

Anyone had this? I had my battery replaced by the dealer in my 2007 V1. After I got it back, I noticed two things.... 1.) Usually when I turn the key to on or start the car the screen (on the dash gauge cluster) that shows the tire pressure was missing the little picture of the car... the pressure digits were there but no car. Sometimes turning it off then back on will bring the car pic back. 2.) Starting the car, the Nav unit will tell you (if you have it set to) how many miles are left on the tank. This number changes dramatically between starts. I can go fill the car up.... FULL and the screen will say I can go 180 miles (sitting at idle)... turn it off and back on... now I can go 283. Off and back on, now I can only go 73 miles.

The car is at the dealer now for the end of luxury warranty check (very sad moment) and the tech is telling the service rep that what I'm saying doesn't make sense. I assured them that while I very well may be crazy, I'm not in this instance.

Anyone have any ideas what is happening here and what to have them fix?

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

1.) I had that tire pressure display issue once or twice, cycling through the different displays seemed to fix it. Don't know how you would address that issue beyond cycling the display.

2.) The number of miles left is calculated based on how much fuel the car thinks it has and what kind of mileage you have been getting lately. Replacing the battery probably reset the mileage history, so the average mileage is bouncing around depending on how you are driving.

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

try disconnecting the battery again for 10 min and then see if it happens.

Ak Jim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

I just replaced the factory battery in my 05, used the Optima. Of course I don't really have the heat issues that some of you guys have! But as a side note when it does get hot here, mid to upper 80s when I bring the car home I usually just open the hood and let the heat escape.

KB V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Andringa View Post
    1.) I had that tire pressure display issue once or twice, cycling through the different displays seemed to fix it. Don't know how you would address that issue beyond cycling the display.
    This happens to mine, too.

LBee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS V

Well dealer said they can't figure it out and would like to keep it and look at it on Monday. They've already had it 8 days for other items. Today is Friday faced with a v6 loaner over another weekend I said I'll bring it back Monday. They went through two techs and a foreman who thought it maybe I leave my key on while fueling. Nope. Or because I sit and idle a bit in the kiddo pick up line. Didn't do this the first year I drove it. Frustrating.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.