Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  rushguy 
#1 ·
Man it was a tough decision I have to say (My test drive experience posted here), but in the end the M3 was the better fit for me right now. Primarily because I don't *need* 4 doors right now... I really only need a back seat for the odd emergency trip with the Dog. Anyhow, new vs. new the CTS-V was the clear winner, but I found a lot of great local used M3s with light miles and managed to get a bargain (2003 M3 with only 9K miles!), and in the end the M3 was more "fun" for me (mainly due to it's smaller size and more "zippy go-kart" feel). No doubt the M3 has less power and is much harder to modify, but that might be a good thing for me given my panache for going crazy with modifications.

Anyhow I thought you all would like to know what the final decision was! :D

Here are some pics.

PS, Can't say I'm in "love" with the Bimmer owners so you may see me over at LS1Tech and here more often than the BMW boards :bonkers:

-Adam

See less See more
#10 · (Edited)
StealthV said:
Nice M3! :cheers:

You'll be back to the General when the LS7 version is here. :)
I'm sure I will. The last 3 cars I've owned have been an LS1, an L98 and a L-81... I've got V8 in my blood :D I just needed to take a break for a while. :suspense:

Now what is interesting is last month I came -> <- this close to getting a C6, but then Hurricane Ivan hit and wiped out a bunch of friends and Family down in Florida. Gave me a chance to reflect on things and I realized that I still need at least a back seat.

Anyhow I've allways loved the E46 M3, and really could only justify it over the V becuase I could find good ones used. New vs. New the CTS-V has all the same options as the M3 for $10K less.

BTW, I got a manual M3...I hated the SMG. I've been saying for the longest time that I wish the CTS-V and Corvette has an SMG tranny, but now that I've had some seat time in an SMG car, I have to say it's a poor replacement for an automatic and it takes all the fun out of a manual...sort of the worst of both worlds IMOHO.

Anyhow thanks for the compliments. :thumbsup:

-Adam

#13 ·
E46 M3s are nice cars. Have fun.

And on another point, re the CTS-V and its competitors - I think I've been saying for a while that by and large the M3 does not compete with the CTS-V, someone buying an M3 doesn't regard the Cadillac's extra size and space as an advantage.

#17 ·
I traded my '02 M3 Vert for the V. A large part of that decision is my new son :D

They are both spectacular vehicles, with somewhat different strengths.

Congrats on the M3!

One shock:
BMW dealer to mount and balance 4 regular tires: $275.00
Cadillac dealer to mount and balance four runflat tires and set the TPS's: $99.00
In the BMW dealer's defence they probably import the tire air from the Alps.

Thhhhhhppppppp! :p

#18 ·
alexWS6 said:
Big Mistake. :tongue2: You didnt even get the OEM 19" wheels or one of their cool metallic colors :tisk:
Actually Silver is an upgrade color. I love Carbon Black, but after having black cars for the past 6 years I'm sick of the maintenance and wanted something easy. The 19"s didn't improve handling in any way I could discern, and I don't like the way they look. I do however like the M3 CSL rim, but to be honest after taking the car to the mountains it has plenty of tire in it's current config. More tire would just degrade handling if what I have now it holding traction just fine.

Of course this is coming from a guy that had 315s on his Trans Am :D

:cookoo:

#21 ·
wildwhl said:
Shinkaze -

Can't say I blame you for your choice.

I don't have a V simply because it rocks - the 4 doors were a requirement. I think had they not been an M3 SMG would have been a nice choice for me as well.

Enjoy :)
Thanks so far I'm loving it. The only thing that sucks about the car is putting up with other BMW owners..
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?p=511848#post511848

Have to admit seeing that Video that Digital Pimp made of the Radix CTS-V is enough to make me consider an upgrade in the near future.....No! no! no! what am I doing...stop spending money on mods...sheesh!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.