New "V" owner says Hello! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, New "V" owner says Hello! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Actually, I wouldn't run a Tail meet with a large group. Too many people hitting fast corners in a line ...
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: New "V" owner says Hello!

Actually, I wouldn't run a Tail meet with a large group. Too many people hitting fast corners in a line spells disaster. Plus, large groups grab more attention. I thought it was perfect with just my friend in a C5 and myself.

Tail of the Dragon is pretty fun. I'm a big fan of the Blue Ridge Parkway, even at its slower speeds. The Cherohala Skyway is just like it but with higher speed limits and less traffic. We got some really high speeds on some sections thurr...

kevm14 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray CTS-V

Yeah maybe we can try to meet up while I'm there (as a general meet) but it might be better to run in the same small group I was going to meet down there for the Dragon itself.

pjm10626 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Redline

im in atl area. just bought my v not to long ago. congrats on the purchace.

GDPossehl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Actually, I wouldn't run a Tail meet with a large group. Too many people hitting fast corners in a line spells disaster. Plus, large groups grab more attention. I thought it was perfect with just my friend in a C5 and myself.

Tail of the Dragon is pretty fun. I'm a big fan of the Blue Ridge Parkway, even at its slower speeds. The Cherohala Skyway is just like it but with higher speed limits and less traffic. We got some really high speeds on some sections thurr...
    Good point.

I'll be up there the 27th and 28th most likely. It'd at least be nice to meet a couple folks and we wouldn't necessarily have to have a speed session all at once. Just getting up there could be fun enough individually.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GDPossehl View Post
    Good point.

I'll be up there the 27th and 28th most likely. It'd at least be nice to meet a couple folks and we wouldn't necessarily have to have a speed session all at once. Just getting up there could be fun enough individually.
    Indeed.

Sullyfx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05' CTS-V Platinum

I'm in the upsate of SC.. let me know the next time. I'm all in!!!

Sorry about the lack of updates. I am in NC now and we are going to head west later this morning. We'll be staying by the Dragon tonight. So tomorrow, maybe some of you guys who expressed interest in meeting up can meet us. I will check this thread later tonight.

Sullyfx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05' CTS-V Platinum

If I had a little more notice I could have. its a blast man!

I met up some folks at the Iron Horse and we stayed there the night.

Tons of fun!

I'm heading up there tonight myself. Staying at the very bottom of 129.

Driftwood420 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 V stock, silver on black

Have Fun! I will have to skip this one. Get some pictures and video, no better reason to buy a GoPro. I bet some of the leaves will be yellowing.
    Represent our community well and STAY IN YOUR LANE! There is no reason to drive all the way out there to try and "straighten" the road by cutting lanes/corners and you could kill someone. Have fun and give us a report of the trip.
    Sullyfx and Sullyfx like this.

I'll probably be letting the killboy.com guy do the picture taking.

I'm in the Asheville area now. Ran the Dragon I think 4 full times between yesterday and today. I can post more comments in another thread that I may create at some point but for now I'll say thank god for the FG2 shocks and Michelin PSS tires. The HPS pads did better than expected. Enough to turn the front calipers gold! I really pushed it, and ended up in Competitive Driving mode as the standard mode was too limiting based on how hard I was driving. Even did respectably against my cousin's Elise. But going from the Elise to the CTS-V is just crazy how different they feel. So different that I was driving poorly for the first few corners after running the Dragon with the Elise. But this car really holds its own...love it. No mechanical issues despite really wringing it out @ 107k. 9 MPG on a tank with some highway before the Dragon, then 7 MPG on the DIC after pure Dragon runs. 1.26 and 1.17 on the G meter.

Driftwood420 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 V stock, silver on black

1.26 and 1.17 NICE, only way i have come close to that is stepping it out to far in competitive mode and nanny stepping and telling me to chill. Glad to hear you had a safe trip.

You can get much higher g readings on the tail than many road courses as most of the tighter turns have severe positive camber. And if anyone wants to, you can buy GoPro cameras at the bike resort shop on the south edge of the Tail...

Just got back tonight. Didn't push it nearly as far as Kev did... only managed .89 on the G meter, but I wasn't really going for any records. Ran with both nannies on during all runs sat and sun. Only had stability kick in a couple times. My avg mpg actually went up from my normal daily avg. I kept it in 3rd pretty much the whole time in the twisties. I didn't work the brakes too hard either. I guess having the GF in the car slowed me down a bit. Still a blast though. First run through was pure exhilaration. Lots of looks and compliments too. Bikers love blacked out caddies.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.