What's up with "JDM" guys stretching skinny tires onto wide rims?? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, What's up with "JDM" guys stretching skinny tires onto wide rims?? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; It's one thing to mod a car for performance, it's another to just go for looks. That's what seperated tuners ...
    KaMaSuTrA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Cadillac CTS-V

Re: What's up with "JDM" guys stretching skinny tires onto wide rims??

It's one thing to mod a car for performance, it's another to just go for looks. That's what seperated tuners from ricers and this is no different. These stance trends are a cleaner form of rice IMO. Can't make the car fast, make it look fast mentality.

RADEoN is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Olds Aurora

what the **** is wrong with people

WesH8398 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by RADEoN View Post

WOW, that is wild. I can't say I'd feel very safe going for a road trip on those things.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

not intended for highway use

dowlatij is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX 2006 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by perfect View Post
    I bet a lot of those hella flush JDM guys wouldn't understand or agree with us making our Cadillac luxury cars sound and drive like NASCAR vehicles.

To each their own, right?

I respect any car modder who pushes the envelope in the pursuit of something that they love and are passionate about. I have seen it done right as well and I think it can look pretty good but would personally not want any of my vehicles to have that look.
    ++1 I mean who cares what others do, it isn't rice it is just a new way and style. I mean if they can't go fast they would rather make it look nice. There's the VIP guys who do the luxury sedans and make them look amazing in my opinion who cares if it is for speed or for looks being a car guy you just appreciate the hard work and passion put into it.

You should look at some of these build threads and see the time and effort put into some of these cars to achieve those looks. It is not easy stuff and they push the limits! They spend hours redoing their body and suspension work to make it just right. It is just like you guys who build the crazy V's! for the track imagine all the time you put in your car! Ricers are those who just slap something on their car such as stickers and other random things and boast about how amazing their car is! These guys are just car guys in a different category!

Think about us, I mean building a Cadillac to go fast and be a track car while weighing about 4000 pounds!?
    Try to talk to some of these guys! You could learn some new stuff like building a widebody for your car or other unique things you guys have wanted to do I mean their forums helped me with opening my headlights and some of the other work I have done to my car. To each his own!

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by dowlatij View Post
    ++1 I mean who cares what others do, it isn't rice it is just a new way and style. I mean if they can't go fast they would rather make it look nice. There's the VIP guys who do the luxury sedans and make them look amazing in my opinion who cares if it is for speed or for looks being a car guy you just appreciate the hard work and passion put into it.

You should look at some of these build threads and see the time and effort put into some of these cars to achieve those looks. It is not easy stuff and they push the limits! They spend hours redoing their body and suspension work to make it just right. It is just like you guys who build the crazy V's! for the track imagine all the time you put in your car! Ricers are those who just slap something on their car such as stickers and other random things and boast about how amazing their car is! These guys are just car guys in a different category!

Think about us, I mean building a Cadillac to go fast and be a track car while weighing about 4000 pounds!?
    Try to talk to some of these guys! You could learn some new stuff like building a widebody for your car or other unique things you guys have wanted to do I mean their forums helped me with opening my headlights and some of the other work I have done to my car. To each his own!
    this is basically it.

RADEoN is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Olds Aurora

most of the JDM guys love the V.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.