Water Leak at Passenger Front A-Pillar
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Water Leak at Passenger Front A-Pillar in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Anyone else had an issue with later leaking at the front A-pillar? After 5 weeks of playing chess with the ...
    jwilson2598 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Water Leak at Passenger Front A-Pillar

Anyone else had an issue with later leaking at the front A-pillar? After 5 weeks of playing chess with the DMV, I finally got tags for the car, so I ran it up to the car wash to clean it up and drive it this weekend. As soon as the spray started, I started getting a drip around the Air Bag button on the RF pillar trim. Once the car wash stopped it slowed down and stopped, luckily my wife was with me and was able to grab a couple napkins from the console to soak most of it up during and after the event. Mine is a non-sunroof car, so I know it's not a blocked drain since I don't have them. I did notice that there appears to be holes for drainage on the moldings running beside the windshield, but I hadn't tried those yet. I haven't had a chance to pop it off and look, but we had no rain this weekend, so I don't know if it leaks during rain as well, or if the high pressure water caused it and regular rain would run off fine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: Water Leak at Passenger Front A-Pillar

I have an 05 non-sunroof car, but I don't have any holes in the moldings beside the windshield. (I have never put it through a car wash though.)

jmayhew is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Cadillac SRX, 06 CTS-V

my wifes old 06' SRX had that same problem. check the rubber molding/stripping on the outside. (top of door/roof) I assume your problem is similar. there is a piece of rubber weather stripping that pulls away & water can get in. my wifes was so bad the dealer has to replace it. it just wouldn't stay in place.

JFensty is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 Blk Cts-V
    I had mine painted and windshield replaced. First windshield had bad scratches in it and the second one leaks just like yours except driver side pillar. Only has leaked twice
    Both times in car wash.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

So, if the C pillar has a sail panel, would the A pillar be the jib panel?

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    So, if the C pillar has a sail panel, would the A pillar be the jib panel?
    I want a spinnaker.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

not when the winds suddenly pick up you don't. don't ask me how I know.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.