The FNG
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, The FNG in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey all, Just wanted to real quick; say hello. I've been ease dropping on here for a few months and ...
    dr.duct_mossburg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts-V

The FNG

Hey all,

Just wanted to real quick; say hello. I've been ease dropping on here for a few months and never made a log in. Using the stickies and threads with information on what to look for in a purchase and common issues to which I may experience. In a quest for a decent but clean car, I feel as if I've found my match. A 05', Silver on Black in an almost flawless condition (at least so it seems). So I placed a deposit on it today over the phone until I can go visually see it Monday morning. Hopefully Monday evening I may have some eye-candy to post (though I'm sure one or two of you have seen a stock V before). :-)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Houdini is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

Re: The FNG

good luck and welcome!

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by dr.duct_mossburg View Post
    ... So I placed a deposit on it today over the phone ...
    Is that with phony money?

J/k Good luck!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Who said money? I used scratch off's.

Real nice guy though, had an African accent. I think maybe Nigerian? He said something about giving a $500 deposit now to secure the vehicle in my name and he would give me $1000 back in 1 week?

Fax him the $500.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Fax him the $500.

To late, emailed it on saturday. Get with the times.

Anywho, Picked the car up yesterday. Lot's of history on the car which is always good to know that someone appreciated it before you had it. The car is literally almost spotless. I have had it pop out of 2nd on a few occasions. I'm waiting for the stealership to call me back now... tick... tick... tick.... I would expect them to replace this 100% free of charge. It's not an issue that would have been easy to identify on a test drive (I have a hard enough time trying to do it even now when I know what seem's to cause the issue). Here's the thing, if they try to start pulling all kinds of games and do the smoke and mirror's trick, I may just say to hell with it and grab a UUC and bushing kit from Lindsay in Arlington. Some folks seem to have had success with virtually eliminating the problem when going with it. If it doesn't fix it then I will most likely just go with a StgII trans rebuild kit with the Viper shift fork as im sure this car will respectfully be put through it's paces. Even with this issue I'm still really enjoying the car. It is a bit crack and creeky, but it is american, The driveline seem to have a lot of slack in it. When shifting slow their is a lot of noise in the drive line slacking, and then tightening.

MotorMounts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Black CTS-V

The driveline seem to have a lot of slack in it. When shifting slow their is a lot of noise in the drive line slacking, and then tightening

Rear Diff Bushing????????????

UU who??? Just playin'

Welcome aboard...Enjoy the new ride
    wcryan and wcryan like this.
    Our phone number is 503-316-1811 We're here M-F, 8-5 Pacific Time.
    http://www.creative-steel.com
    maxx@creative-steel.com

wcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Maggied

Quote Originally Posted by MotorMounts View Post
    The driveline seem to have a lot of slack in it. When shifting slow their is a lot of noise in the drive line slacking, and then tightening

Rear Diff Bushing????????????

UU who??? Just playin'

Welcome aboard...Enjoy the new ride
    Yeah UU who?......... Yup, never heard of em

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

took me half a second to decipher the thread title.

welcome to the forum

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I have had it pop out of 2nd on a few occasions.
    Well you could be having trouble with 2nd because of the "CAGS" which forces a 1st to 4th shift under certain, slow-speed conditions.

If not, and you literally mean it goes into 2nd gear then pops out, the odds are relatively high that the transmission requires internal work.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

That happened to me a couple times also. I think it's just a quirk of the tremec transmission. Depending on how the shift dog is oriented with respect to its gear, on a rare occasion, it may feel like it's engaged, but it isn't fully. I have experienced it on my Camaro SS also. Never had it pop out, but frequently, it won't engage all the way at a standstill.

The Cags has already been addressed on this car. I understand the trans can be at time notchy, but this is different. I have experienced not being able to engage 1st; to which I just put it in second and move the trans slightly then put it in first, but this is popping out.

Example: I was doing about 55mph when an emergency vehicle came up on me and I went to the shoulder, at about 20 mph I put it in second, let the clutch out and it popped out of gear. It is doing this 2, to 3 times a day. This to me is not normal, especially on a car I just bought.

I have an appointment with Lindsay on Wednesday. I will be seeking that the dealer pay 100% of what may be wrong with this car as their contract states that they have inspected and road tested the vehicle and deem it to be in serviceable condition. I don't believe a damaged/faulty transmission to be serviceable condition.

wcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Maggied

if I am correct cag's kicks in from 2000RPM to 2600RPM in first

... this is popping out.

Example: I was doing about 55mph when an emergency vehicle came up on me and I went to the shoulder, at about 20 mph I put it in second, let the clutch out and it popped out of gear. It is doing this 2, to 3 times a day. This to me is not normal, especially on a car I just bought. ...
    That ain't right. I could see that happening once a year at most maybe due to not fully engaging the gear, but not a few times a day. Something just ain't right.

Lindsay will figure it out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.