Test drove my first V!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Test drove my first V! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I know its probably not a big deal, but today was the first time I ever touched a V. It ...
    Elan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Future CTS-V Owner

Test drove my first V!

I know its probably not a big deal, but today was the first time I ever touched a V. It was a 2007 CTS-V with a beautiful thunder grey exterior and the ebony interior. The car was in very good condition. Stilled smelled brand new. The owner obviously took very good care of it. I must say I have driven many different manual cars. Anything from BMW M3's, Vette's, Audi's, Mustang GT's, 350Z's, yet I have never felt a clutch that felt better than this one. Depressing it was almost effortless. As soon as I turned on to the main road, I had a smile across my face. I took it slowly at first, but I was still lovin every second of it. I finally got on the highway and the salesman told me to open her up. I immediately popped it in second and put the pedal down. I was greeted with an amazing blow of torque and the aggressive sound of the engine. The sound really got to me. It was 100% stock and I could still hear that LS2 Vette engine roaring away. It was truly a pleasure. I just thought I would share my first V experience. Unfortunately, I did not walk out of there with the keys. My V has to be a black one (yes I am picky). Overall what really impressed me was the torque, the feeling of the gearbox, the sound, the surprising sturdy feeling of a larger car. I felt like a king on the road. Truly an amazing car.

(Side note, take it easy on me. I am coming from owning and driving sports cars. This is the first sport sedan I have really fallen in love with. Bare with me!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GDPossehl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

Re: Test drove my first V!

Thunder Grey is probably one of the best and most desirable colors. Resale on a thunder grey 07 should remain pretty good as long as it's well kept.

I wouldn't get too hung up on owning a black one. They're pretty tough to keep clean if you drive it daily. They also show EVERYTHING in the paint. Tell you what, you buy that thunder grey 07 and I'll trade you my black 04 straight up.

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Does it have to be black? What about a silver 2007 with black wheels?

Elan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Future CTS-V Owner

A buddy of mine has a black Vette and yes it is tough to keep clean. Literally EVERYTHING shows up. I really did love the color. Unfortunately I need a black car. I've owned a grey car and its time for a change.

magna-v is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Like many others have said black is the fastest color I have a raven and it looks awesome but soooo hard to keep clean, especially the back of it for some reason but i have never seen a TG car in real life and it would be a rare color to own (in the V world anyways).

mstrjon32 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Glad you liked it...they're awesome cars.

Surprised you liked the clutch so much. The clutch does the job, but it's far from the nicest clutch my left foot has ever touched.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Ooooo ... aaahhh ... LOVE Thunder Gray ... .

Glad you otherwise liked the car!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

DDS rollin a CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre

Please dont tell me this car has the moonroof delete as well. I bought my 07 silver V back in March and I love it but I'd trade it in a heartbeat for an 07 in Thunder Grey with moonroof delete.

GDPossehl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

Just noticed this, but you're from Alpharetta. I work up here. NP Land Rover. Feel free to stop by if you wanna check out the V.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Almost bought the first V I ever saw (owner didn't have his paperwork in order). His whole sales pitch was handing me the keys, and it worked! Didn't say anything about the car. Shook my hand and asked if I wanted to take it for a ride.
    Looking back, I'm glad things worked out the way they did.

Good luck with whatever you get.

wcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Maggied

go back and get it!........ if you throw black wheels on that thing they look sexy as hell

JD03Cobra is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by wcryan View Post
    go back and get it!........ if you throw black wheels on that thing they look sexy as hell
    Agreed! That's the V1 to own

wcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Maggied

Or tell me where it is, so I can go trade mine in

Ny's Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cts-V

I will trade you my 06 Black on black on black for that one you test drove i just bought mine I still have paper plates on it . ive owned it for 6 months and ive washed my baby i think 100 times and ohh S*#t gotta go wash her again someone just looked @ her..lol.. Lets Trade

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

...goes to Autotrader...

The one at Hennessy? Looks nice, from the pics. Looks stock, except the headrest monitors. Has sunroof. 37k for $29,900 listing.

Looks like Thunder Gray still has some green in it like Stealth.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.