Reset DIC now no TC messages.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Reset DIC now no TC messages. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So I had trouble ejecting a CD recently and pressed the combo of buttons (seek right and 2nd from bottom) ...
    GDPossehl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

Reset DIC now no TC messages.

So I had trouble ejecting a CD recently and pressed the combo of buttons (seek right and 2nd from bottom) to do a hard reset of the DIC. Now it plays and ejects CDs just fine, but holding the Traction Control button down for any length of time doesn't tell me that the stability system is off. The traction control light stays on the cluster, but nothing on the DIC.

Did I do something wrong? Do I need to have it reset with a tech II scanner? I really haven't "tested" to see if the stability control is actually off, but from what I can tell it's still engaged.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Re: Reset DIC now no TC messages.

Hmmm first I've heard you can hard reset the DIC. If you indeed did hard reset it I would say you need a tech II to program the DIC and let it know its in a V and not a CTS.

I just did one of the two options to reset... not sure why it wouldn't let it know it's a V.

I figured this one out today. I noticed one of my TPMS sensors wasn't reading so I reset all of them and it's working again. Tried out the TC modes and now they work.

Lesson learned: Stability control cannot be disabled unless the TPMS sensors are reading correctly and there are no tire pressure indicators.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.