Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2011 Woodward Dream Cruise - August 20th

15K views 207 replies 31 participants last post by  Black Sunshine 
#1 ·
#3 ·
As of right now it's looking good for me to join :)

#4 ·
My schedule is that I'll be there early, but I have a high school reunion that evening, so will be leaving between 3 and 4 pm.

Still need to hear from:

JD03Cobra
MescalVto
PJGross
jmpumford
Den_93
your maker (Windsor)
WesH9358 (or whatever ... sorry ... Sarnia)
Tmac11 (Ypsilanti)
SamWalton (<- I think that's wrong ... Plymouth)
yooper (U.P.)
GMBound
ROG (Toledo)
fasciaguy (Toledo)
Bigron's V1 new owner

Whom am I missing?

#27 ·
My schedule is that I'll be there early, but I have a high school reunion that evening, so will be leaving between 3 and 4 pm.

Still need to hear from:

JD03Cobra
MescalVto
PJGross
jmpumford
Den_93
your maker (Windsor)
WesH9358 (or whatever ... sorry ... Sarnia)
Tmac11 (Ypsilanti)
SamWalton (<- I think that's wrong ... Plymouth)
yooper (U.P.)
GMBound
ROG (Toledo)
fasciaguy (Toledo)
Bigron's V1 new owner
Twitch

Whom am I missing?
So give me an address or cross street for mapquest.
Also, some hotels you guys might recommend. I don't mind driving a few miles. i know it'll be booked near the event.

#7 ·
Put me on the list...I'll be there Friday having drinks with NUTZ. Saturday too.

#10 ·
We do a company lunch from 12-1p. I'll be sitting out there the rest of the day. Randy you should come by on Friday if possible.

#18 ·
Same place! I'll be out there till late Friday night.

#22 ·
I was disappointed he didn't look like Ron Burgandy when I met him...

#24 ·
I'm in.

#25 ·
Which one of you guys have a blk V stuck on the I94 ramp from 696 last friday around 5ish?

#26 ·
It wasn't stuck. They're just that slow :duck:

So what's the deal with the "Friday spot"? A get together the night before might just get me over the fence.

#30 · (Edited)
OMG! If all you guys end up staying at the Drury Inn, we just may have to go over and pay you a visit. :stirpot:

Come on Thursday, if you can, that way you'll be able to take it all in on Friday and then just watch it on Saturday. Darn thing starts a couple of weeks ahead of the actual day and just keeps building and building. Friday will be incredible, Saturday will be over the top.

'Twill be good to see you again, Tony! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Here's a link:https://wwwc.druryhotels.com/PropertyMapsAndDirections.aspx?Property=0029

#31 ·
Hotel looks good. But if it's so popular, do I have to worry about the parking lot getting full?

Should know for sure by tonight, but I think I'll be there.

#36 ·
Hotel looks good. But if it's so popular, do I have to worry about the parking lot getting full? ...
Tony, this is Michigan! Everybody left, and there's lots of parking everywhere!

j/k Glad you guys are gonna make it.

BTW, Tony, when will you be getting here on Friday? Earlier the better.

#32 ·
I'm in. See you guys next month.

#33 ·
Awesome...You won't be disappointed! That hotel is a good time after hours. Are you planning on coming in on Friday sometime?

#37 ·
Randy - You can put me down as a tentative. My plan is to show up Friday evening and stay in Royal Oak with some old college buddies.
Sounds great! Got you "penciled in."

Royal Oak is centered on the west side of Woodward and Twelve Mile Rd, so it's about four miles north to Woodward and Big Beaver Rd which is also 16 Mile Rd where we'll be. If you drive that route Saturday a little before noon, it'll take close to an hour on four-lane Woodward. Drive it at 4 o'clock Saturday afternoon, and it'll take two hours. At 7 pm, forget it. IMHO, best bet is to drive up Saturday on the early side, then drive back to hang with your buddies before things get plugged up, otherwise you'll have to hang with us.

Wow, this thing is starting to really grow. The parking lot at Jason's employer will hold a couple of hundred cars, so there's no shortage of parking. Keep 'em coming!

#35 ·
I'll be there Fri to Sun.
Can't wait!

#42 ·
What i know so far: cars cruise up a 16 mile strip and people hang out an watch them go by. There are also events going on the whole week before the cruise.
This will be my first trip out there and would love to hear more about it from the regulars.

#44 ·
Just south of 16 mile on Woodward. Same place as the past few years.

#46 ·
The cars that cruise up and down Woodward consist of everything you can imagine. It's drive what you brung. Some stuff you can't believe they can legally drive on the roads. Hundreds of '60s muscle stuff plus late model stuff (like our Vs). Also, really old classic cars. You hear cars squealing their tires and you smell rubber, but the cops frown on it so watch out, and the cops are plentiful. Everything shuts down Saturday night around 10 pm (<-- check that Jason) especially in Royal Oak because the locals want to get some sleep after days and days of hearing cars going though their neighborhoods.

Where Jason's employer is, the crowds and density of cars is less ... the cars can actually move on Woodward at 16 Mile Road. We sit in some shade a few feet from Woodward right in front of a traffic light, so we egg on the cars to light 'em up, and they frequently do.

Oh, bring a folding lawn chair to sit on, too, so you don't have to sit in the lawn ... and, of course, the beverage of your choice.

#48 ·
Everything shuts down Saturday night around 10 pm (<-- check that Jason) especially in Royal Oak because the locals want to get some sleep after days and days of hearing cars going though their neighborhoods.

Where Jason's employer is, the crowds and density of cars is less ... the cars can actually move on Woodward at 16 Mile Road. We sit in some shade a few feet from Woodward right in front of a traffic light, so we egg on the cars to light 'em up, and they frequently do.

Oh, bring a folding lawn chair to sit on, too, so you don't have to sit in the lawn ... and, of course, the beverage of your choice.

Randy 10pm sound about right...

Here is the front location where we sit in front of Woodward.

Here is the back of the lot where we park.

This is early in the day at 16 Mile & Woodward

This doesn't look legal

Evening

Even Semi's cruise!

And by 9:30pm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.