2011 Woodward Dream Cruise - August 20th - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 2011 Woodward Dream Cruise - August 20th in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; The cars that cruise up and down Woodward consist of everything you can imagine. It's drive what you brung. Some ...
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: 2011 Woodward Dream Cruise - August 20th

The cars that cruise up and down Woodward consist of everything you can imagine. It's drive what you brung. Some stuff you can't believe they can legally drive on the roads. Hundreds of '60s muscle stuff plus late model stuff (like our Vs). Also, really old classic cars. You hear cars squealing their tires and you smell rubber, but the cops frown on it so watch out, and the cops are plentiful. Everything shuts down Saturday night around 10 pm (<-- check that Jason) especially in Royal Oak because the locals want to get some sleep after days and days of hearing cars going though their neighborhoods.

Where Jason's employer is, the crowds and density of cars is less ... the cars can actually move on Woodward at 16 Mile Road. We sit in some shade a few feet from Woodward right in front of a traffic light, so we egg on the cars to light 'em up, and they frequently do.

Oh, bring a folding lawn chair to sit on, too, so you don't have to sit in the lawn ... and, of course, the beverage of your choice.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

yooper is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV and Caddy powered Chevy

Pencil me in. Hope to come down thurs pm. Plan to participate Friday and be a spectator Saturday.

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Everything shuts down Saturday night around 10 pm (<-- check that Jason) especially in Royal Oak because the locals want to get some sleep after days and days of hearing cars going though their neighborhoods.

Where Jason's employer is, the crowds and density of cars is less ... the cars can actually move on Woodward at 16 Mile Road. We sit in some shade a few feet from Woodward right in front of a traffic light, so we egg on the cars to light 'em up, and they frequently do.

Oh, bring a folding lawn chair to sit on, too, so you don't have to sit in the lawn ... and, of course, the beverage of your choice.

Randy 10pm sound about right...

Here is the front location where we sit in front of Woodward.

Here is the back of the lot where we park.

This is early in the day at 16 Mile & Woodward

This doesn't look legal

Evening

Even Semi's cruise!

And by 9:30pm

jebfrank is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 78 Deville 10 CTS-V Sedan M6

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    Anyone in Indy??? Guy, Jarrett, Rob...???
    Humm, just saw this always wanted to go.

Quote Originally Posted by jebfrank View Post
    Humm, just saw this always wanted to go.
    Lollygagger8 is coming ... he's from your area. Hop in your V and c'mon!

Lots of Indy-area guys. Like to see more come.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Ya, come out Jarrett!

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I am seriously considering joining you guys. I haven't been to michigan in a long time.
    GMBOUND, GMBOUND, Nutz and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I am seriously considering joining you guys. I haven't been to michigan in a long time.
    Yeah. The last time was with tbjs at the NAIAS. Pretty wild night as I recall hearing.

Torxila is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1 of 1 Evo Green Coupe 6m, with RB9

My schedule is that I'll be there early, but I have a high school reunion that evening, so will be leaving between 3 and 4 pm.

Still need to hear from:

JD03Cobra
    MescalVto
    PJGross
    jmpumford
    Den_93
    your maker (Windsor)
    WesH9358 (or whatever ... sorry ... Sarnia)
    Tmac11 (Ypsilanti)
    SamWalton (<- I think that's wrong ... Plymouth)
    yooper (U.P.)
    GMBound
    ROG (Toledo)
    fasciaguy (Toledo)
    Bigron's V1 new owner

Whom am I missing?
    Me= Torxila (George Gray Farmington Hills) V2 coupe guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Torxila View Post
    Me= Torxila (George Gray Farmington Hills) V2 coupe guy!
    Welcome!

Wife and I moved to lovely South Lyon from Drake and 11 Mile Rd area. Too many old people in our neighborhood.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

^said the old guy
    rand49er and rand49er like this.

Nutz is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V a tuxedo with a jetpack!

Right now there's about 8 cars coming with me on Friday. 2010 Z06 red, 2010 Z06 Blue, 2000 Katech Corvette, 02 Z06, 2 -03 Cobra drops this year, C5 drop, STS-V, terminator powered Fox Mustang, & me in my V2 (add me to list). Likely more as it gets closer weather permitting. I'd really like to see someone bring some sort of "V" banner to represent, I can't seem to get ahold of 8th Day Creations here.

03blwn281 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS V

NUTZ,

And the list keeps growing. This will be an epic event as it is every year. JD03COBRA (AKA My Greek Cousin) I want to thank you and your family in advance for hosting this and allowing us hellions to
    hangout and be rebels..LOL
    Remember gang this falls on my birthday so the party will continue back at the hotel parking lot (DRURY INN on BIG BEAVER in TROY). Last year for you that where there I believe had a great time with the festivities (CORN HOLE, good times with other car owners, Burnouts and plenty of cold beverages

Although this usually marks the end of summer madness for most of us I cant wait..
    See ya guys soon.
    Thanks
    Gus-- 03blwn281

Quote Originally Posted by Nutz View Post
    Right now there's about 8 cars coming with me on Friday. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by 03blwn281 View Post
    ... And the list keeps growing. ...
    Wow. This is going to be a kick-butt turnout.

Dream Cruise will be the perfect diversion for the cops while the party continues at the Drury Inn.

Oh, btw, Happy Birthday.

Torxila is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1 of 1 Evo Green Coupe 6m, with RB9

Welcome!

Wife and I moved to lovely South Lyon from Drake and 11 Mile Rd area. Too many old people in our neighborhood.
    They're all punks around where we live, you know 55 or so.

George
    rand49er and rand49er like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.