Anyone know what became of StealthV ? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Anyone know what became of StealthV ? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by heavymetals No that was given to us (original V1 owners) by GM via a inadequate diff and ...
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Anyone know what became of StealthV ?

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    No that was given to us (original V1 owners) by GM via a inadequate diff and a POS radio/nav.
    Driven reasonably, the replacement diff they offered up was just fine. And I never had a single issue with the radio in any of my CTS. So I am not an audiophile, but the unit in my V rocked.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Well, I thought it was a major engineering FOOPAH when the diff had specs that were less then what the drivetrain could put out.

Second, GM screwed the aftermarket and owners who wanted to swap out or improve the radio/nav.

Granted, I have never considered the V a proper platform to build an audio shrine, but I thought that was dreadful.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

It was. And GM swapped out ALOT of diffs, without question, including mine, which didn't really need to be replaced, but they did it anyway. I give them props for that. The guys with 450 whp who were eating diffs have no right to complain. And the CTS is not the only car out there with a DIC in the radio.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

I am still on my second diff (the first one was cracked and leaked).

Also, GETRAG screwed GM with poor manufacturing of the diffs (all models) and I saw enough Hummers towed in because the diff ground itself up.

As for the DIC, I would have preferred a video feed signal.

There is no info available on the OEM unit and parts for same (tsunami didn't help)are non existent (button trees excluded).

I have decided one thing as of late.

I will sell my V before I sell Mr. Vette.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.