first exhaust, i think i threw everything out of whack.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, first exhaust, i think i threw everything out of whack. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; lmao wow... i cut my stock exhaust to bolt to my OBX headers. I did it like this: 1. Mounted ...
    RADEoN is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Olds Aurora

first exhaust, i think i threw everything out of whack.

lmao wow... i cut my stock exhaust to bolt to my OBX headers. I did it like this:

1. Mounted headers
    2. Hooked stock exhaust up to back with rubber clips
    3. Jacked exhaust up by each pipe in the back with typical floor jack
    4. Eyeballed my cuts, and cut.
    5. Wrestled a ton to get the resonator (pretend cats) lined up and fitting into the gap between the headers and stock exhaust. I mean I really had to push/pull/wrestle/mangle to get everything lined up.

Well, I've had issues with the BRAND NEW professionally rebuilt from a shop (1908 dollars after he fixed or replaced all the parts the first douche messed up) occasionally popping out of 1st and 2nd only, and my header rubbing against my steering shaft, so I went under to investigate, and saw that the transmission is at a ridiculous angle, the exhaust tips are pushed out about 1 inch or so out of the back of the car (which I actually ended up liking after I saw it).

I got a prybar, pried the transmission closer to the DS and tightened the crossmember back up, but got nothing. I shit you not, I pried it and a friend jammed a scrap piece of 2x4 into the gap, and the car has never shifted more smoothly, and it doesn't rub up against the steering shaft anymore.

I guess it's time to dismount my exhaust, and have my dad help me do it (30+ year mechanic who left the business, and has 0 interest in working on cars ever again, as I'm sure some of you know enough about)... or am I just being senile about the exhaust having enough pressure to move everything if done improperly?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Aurora40 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

Re: first exhaust, i think i threw everything out of whack.

You are saying the exhaust pushed the trans askew? Or. The trans shop guy did?

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Re: first exhaust, i think i threw everything out of whack.

Are the tranny/bell housing bolted down good? Check for gaps.
    And check your motor mounts.
    '05 Platinum l LPE CAI l Magnaflow l V1 (hardwired), w/ custom mount l UUC shifter l UUC Alcantara shift knob l K9 GEAR rear seat cover lHID fogs lHotchkis sways lCG-Lock l Specter Bushings l FG2s l Ground control 550/600 l MAGGIE 439RWHP/414RWTQ (Dynojet) l Heavys fire extinguisher bracket l Interceptor scan-gauge l Billet pedals l Meth l NO HEADERS l Original diff l 90mm upgrade l 2.6" drive pulley l LS7 clutch w/16lb. FW l Alcantara

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.