Navigation/ main screen backlight broken
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Navigation/ main screen backlight broken in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; My navigation system (stock) seems to have a broken backlight. The screen is black but all the buttons work and ...
    danrob0123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 RAVEN CTS-V

Navigation/ main screen backlight broken

My navigation system (stock) seems to have a broken backlight. The screen is black but all the buttons work and if there is sun shining through the sunroof I can faintly see what is supposed to be there. the radio still works and everything just can't see what I'm doing about 95% of the time. What should I do? is there a way of fixing it? If not, I'm thinking of buying a whole new unit on eBay for around $600 plus the cost of new buttons from Lindsay. I appreciate any help. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

612WharfAvenue is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

Re: Navigation/ main screen backlight broken

Personally, I'd do the base CTS DIC swap and put a proper Double DIN Unit in under it. You'd end up spending close to the same amount but the end result would be way better.

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Prices for used NAV units are the same as the price for a replacement screen (I checked with some OEM manufacturers). Go stock CTS radio and custom touch screen like wharf said.

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Just checking the basics first... do you have the switch for diming it turned off? ...up by the sunroof. Not sure if it can turn the light all the way out. Also, could it be part of the dawn/dust feature that auto-dims it? I assume it gets its readings from the auto-dim rear view mirror.

Who makes our NAV/radio? Because the build quality and quality control is aweful. I just had mine replaced under CPO because the 2nd one had some discoloration on the lower screen and the 1st one had the button enamel chipping off -- which I've been careful with finger nails and tell others before letting them touch it. Even this current one has a very tiny amount of discoloration and even one of button dots doesn't line up... saw others like this at V Day. Their template must be off...

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Who makes our NAV/radio? Because the build quality and quality control is aweful. I just had mine replaced under CPO because the 2nd one had some discoloration on the lower screen and the 1st one had the button enamel chipping off -- which I've been careful with finger nails and tell others before letting them touch it. Even this current one has a very tiny amount of discoloration and even one of button dots doesn't line up... saw others like this at V Day. Their template must be off...
    I have been trying to find the vendor, but since it is a DELCO abortion, no one wants to be associated with it.

Another "great" product brought to you by GM interns who are clueless.

I mean really, how STUPID can a designer/engineer be to have a radio/nav system that cannot be swapped out without losing driving functions?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.