Double din with 19" wheels?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Double din with 19" wheels? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey guys, just bought a 06 cts-v and I love it. except the radio I've worked in the 12 volt ...
    BigStrip is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 cts

Double din with 19" wheels?

Hey guys, just bought a 06 cts-v and I love it. except the radio I've worked in the 12 volt industry for years but I've never put an aftermarket radio in a cts. Here's my plan: For now I'm going to use a harness and kit and slap my pioneer double din in the car, I miss my ipod controls and I miss streaming my directv through my iphone through my slingbox onto my screen. I'm eventually going to buy a stock cts radio and cut it to retain the DIC. I've got some questions if anyone can help (I've search the forums for hours but can't find a specific answer.
    1. I bought a GM 99-2006 kit and an axxess GMOS-10 harness for the temp install. Has anyone used this harness? Will it work with the bose?

2. I know about the competitive driving mode and other DIC info but not having the DIC for now won't effect any senors or anything as far as everyday driving is considered?

3 Any other tips on the radio? (am I wasting my time? should I just go ahead and do the DIC and bypass the bose?)

4. This has nothing to do with the radio but my stock wheels have some spots where the finish is coming off, I would like to replace my wheels with the newer 19" cts-v wheels, will they fit the first gen like mine? If so, will the TPS work on those with my car?

Thanks guys, glad to be part of the crew!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

boosted353 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Re: Double din with 19" wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by BigStrip
    4. This has nothing to do with the radio but my stock wheels have some spots where the finish is coming off, I would like to replace my wheels with the newer 19" cts-v wheels, will they fit the first gen like mine? If so, will the TPS work on those with my car?
    V1 wheels are 6 lug, V2s are 5. Getting the stock wheels refinished shouldn't be too terribly expensive though, you might consider looking into that. Welcome to the club! Good luck getting the aftermarket radio sorted out. As soon as there is a way to upgrade the radio, retain the DIC/Comp mode, and have it look like it was put there from the factory I will be all over it.

Skidmarcx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE!

Welcome! Wish I could help you with the radio, but I'm still a V1 noob

DrSzabo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V - Light Platinum

check out this guys post about his radio install: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/cadill...-big-deal.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.