price for ls7 clutch and flywheel all together parts and labor? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, price for ls7 clutch and flywheel all together parts and labor? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; does anyone have the monster 2 setup? what are some other popular options. any links?...
    pjm10626 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Redline

Re: price for ls7 clutch and flywheel all together parts and labor?

does anyone have the monster 2 setup?

what are some other popular options.

any links?

slothV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I just did the LS7 swap last week. I got the parts from Luke (fw, PP, clutch and slave). I also got the remote bleeder from Tick Performance.

My clutch was still working fine, just the throwout bearing in the slave was going south. I have approx 78k miles.

The dealer quoted $500 for the labor, but I ended up getting it all done for free under the GMPP warranty. Since the throwout bearing the was covered under the GMPP the dealership agreed to install the LS7 clutch and other stuff for no added cost! They also gave me the new CTS-V slave that they ordered under warranty and all the old parts back.

So far I am happy with the performance. There is definetely a vibration in the clutch pedal when disengaging the clutch at high RPM. Otherwise the driveability is the same as stock. I also notice a small performace gain because of the mass reduction.

67electro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

SlothV, no vibes at low rpms (700 - 800) (by dragging engine down a little in 1st gear putting around a parking lot for example), felt in seat and steering wheel?

What Slave do I need to use for the LS7 swap, does the CTS-V (ls6) slave work? or do you completely replace it with a LS7 slave?

No, I don't have vibes at low RPM. However in the past I've had the engine mounts, harmonic damper, trans and diff bushings replaced...

@67electro - If you keep the CTSV slave then you need a spacer. If you use the LS7 slave with the LS7 PP and fly then you're fine for spacing, but you will need the remote bleeder unless you want to grind on the bell housing.

cool, what bleeder is recommended? I see all kinds, different lengths.

Quote Originally Posted by 67electro View Post
    cool, what bleeder is recommended? I see all kinds, different lengths.
    I got this one:

Tick Performance Remote Clutch SPEEDbleeder Line for 2005+ Corvette & Z06, 04-07 CTS-V TPSBLC6 $49.99 USD

http://www.tickperformance.com/produ...CTS%252dV.html

JazMiller is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hey SlothV - I might be looking for stock slave cylinder for my 05 stock V. Have a leak around the bell housing and I've been told that clutch is very likely in good shape (18k miles), but the slave needs to be replaced. The car is new to me in the last couple weeks, and it's looking like clutch fluid on this low miler was neglected. I'm either replacing stock slave or I'll be looking for an LS7 clutch kit... Let me know if you have a part you'd like to sell!

JazMiller is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by slothV View Post
    They also gave me the new CTS-V slave that they ordered under warranty and all the old parts back.

So far I am happy with the performance. There is definetely a vibration in the clutch pedal when disengaging the clutch at high RPM. Otherwise the driveability is the same as stock. I also notice a small performace gain because of the mass reduction.
    Can't PM you - would be interested in hearing if you have a stock slave to sell. Email me if it's more convenient; use jazmiller @ gmail.com.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.