price for ls7 clutch and flywheel all together parts and labor? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, price for ls7 clutch and flywheel all together parts and labor? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So this won't suit someone who does a lot of "spirited" driving?...
    Overd0s3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V blk/blk

Re: price for ls7 clutch and flywheel all together parts and labor?

So this won't suit someone who does a lot of "spirited" driving?

DDS rollin a CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre

Quote Originally Posted by Overd0s3 View Post
    So this won't suit someone who does a lot of "spirited" driving?
    How is this clutch any "better" than the stock one if it cant handle "spirited" driving? I've been starting to think about what I should do when I need a new clutch, guess I may have to scratch this one off my list.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

The LS7 clutch kit is an improvement over the LS6/LS2 Oem clutch packages because it: (a) replaces the dual-mass flyhweel with a lighter single-mass flywheel; (b) replaces the spring-less clutch disc (that is designed as a companion piece to the spring-load dual mass flywheel) with a spring-loaded clutch disc; and (c) presumably provides more horsepower capacity. Now, if you have gotten good mileage out of the stock unit this setup is probably all you need.

If your motor is not heavily modified and you don't launch hard (rev high and pop or side-step the clutch) or power shift (shift by fanning the clutch pedal and keeping the throttle nailed) you will probably get by with the LS7 setup. On the other hand, if you are the type of V driver that requires new rear rubber and new front brake pads with every oil change - this setup is probably not for you.

06BlackV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cts-V
    what is the weight on that flywheel that is from luke? (ls7 kit) ??

If I recall correctly the LS7 flywheel is 28 pounds. The overall rotating weight reduction between orignal V and the LS7 kit is about 15 pounds (60 vs 75 pounds)

Anyone installing a LS7 clutch kit, or any other clutch kit not pre-balanced by the manufacturer, should consider getting it balanced:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/231540-ls7-flywheel-should-i-get-balanced.html

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Common sense would suggest the LS7 setup, which was designed for a car that is 1000 lbs lighter, probably won't have the longevity of the stock setup. But everyone who has done the swap says it's a blast to drive. I don't recall seeing an unfavorable review. You just probably have to accept you won't get the same life out of it.

dealer told me usually clutches last 65k miles on these cars driven conservatively. With the 1s7 setup am i going to at least see half of those miles?

@ Darkman , is the ls7 kit from luke already pre-balanced ?

Quote Originally Posted by 06BlackV View Post
    dealer told me usually clutches last 65k miles on these cars driven conservatively. With the 1s7 setup am i going to at least see half of those miles?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Common sense would suggest the LS7 setup, which was designed for a car that is 1000 lbs lighter, probably won't have the longevity of the stock setup. But everyone who has done the swap says it's a blast to drive. I don't recall seeing an unfavorable review. You just probably have to accept you won't get the same life out of it.
    The LS7 clutch is indeed designed for a car that is 1000 lbs. lighter, but it is also designed for a car delivering 105 more horsepower. I have never been able to find any direct comparison of our OEM clutch set-up with the LS7 setup in terms of mechanical specifications such as pressure plate clamping force, quality and friction coefficient of the disc, etc. Therefore, I have no basis to conclude which clutch is better in terms of daliy-driver reliabilty. I suspect however, that in the absence of abuse the two clutch setups should give similar mileage.

Perhaps some long-term owners of the LS7 setup could comment on this.

Quote Originally Posted by 06BlackV View Post
    @ Darkman , is the ls7 kit from luke already pre-balanced ?
    No it is not.

alrite guys , the ls7 clutch/flywheel/ slave is being installed at the dealership tomorrow , along with a UUC Short throw shifter ,, is there anything i have to tell them regarding the installation of these parts?

Houdini is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

I hope you ordered a remote bleeder.

it came with a 3 foot hose connected to the slave (idk what thats for ) assuming its a bleeder ,,, i bout the whole kit from luke

67electro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Hey How about this kit, LS7 Flywheel, Pressure plate & Clutch Disk for 459+shipping

http://sdparts.com/details/scoggin-d...center/sdls7ck

I am in the Phoenix area and am going to have to do this in the next couple of weeks.

aggie1979 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    The LS7 clutch kit is an improvement over the LS6/LS2 Oem clutch packages because it: (a) replaces the dual-mass flyhweel with a lighter single-mass flywheel; (b) replaces the spring-less clutch disc (that is designed as a companion piece to the spring-load dual mass flywheel) with a spring-loaded clutch disc; and (c) presumably provides more horsepower capacity. Now, if you have gotten good mileage out of the stock unit this setup is probably all you need.

If your motor is not heavily modified and you don't launch hard (rev high and pop or side-step the clutch) or power shift (shift by fanning the clutch pedal and keeping the throttle nailed) you will probably get by with the LS7 setup. On the other hand, if you are the type of V driver that requires new rear rubber and new front brake pads with every oil change - this setup is probably not for you.
    I thought that the LS7 clutch kit wasn't for me. Hope this gets rid of the vibration that developed last week. Thanks darkman.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.