Blown suspension ???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Blown suspension ??? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; lately on the highway my car feels somewhat unstable on the highway, if the road isnt perfectly flat the car ...
    lilgCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06CTS-V BOLT-ON,06JEEP TJ BUILT, 91 350SDL turbo(daily)

Blown suspension ???

lately on the highway my car feels somewhat unstable on the highway, if the road isnt perfectly flat the car will act weird and sway and the steering feels sloppy. Any thoughts? blown suspension ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    Blown suspension is a broad topic..

I think the cumulative sum of several parts' gradual wear and tear produces that 'loose' feeling. Tires, shocks, control arms, various bushings, bolt torque settings, springs, endlinks,yada yada...slowly fail..

Low tread/tramlining tires can be an issue, loose failed steering components, tie rod ends, swaybar bushing/loose bracket bolts. In extreme cases, wheel bearings..

What is your mileage? Mine was rock solid at 20k but at 65k it feels completely different. I've decided at this point the only route is systematically replacing the usual suspects until the car feels like it once did.

Assuming everything else is in order, tires and shocks cover 90% of the issues..

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Blown suspension ???

My money's on tires. What're you runnin' and how's the tread?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

its an 06 with 48XXX, and my front tires still seem good tho, i have kdw2s

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

how many miles on the kdw's?

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by lilgCTS-V View Post
    its an 06 with 48XXX, and my front tires still seem good tho, i have kdw2s
    Weren't those the ones that guys say get pretty nasty mid-way through their life?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Skidmarcx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE!

yea tires would be a good place to start... a radial pull will cause these symptoms... I'd look closely at the wear pattern too... that can help you identify any worn suspension components

ok thanks guys, cuz lately its been driving funky on the highway on certain roads

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Weren't those the ones that guys say get pretty nasty mid-way through their life?
    they never gave me a problem till now i guess lmao o well

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.