rear diff - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, rear diff in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; stock axles so question is, will my 3.73 internals with limited slip fit into a cts 3.42 carrier...
    crazybiker51 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v, toyota rock crawler with 472

Re: rear diff

stock axles
    so question is, will my 3.73 internals with limited slip fit into a cts 3.42 carrier

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

this should be a sticky

Videos show some of the past few months enjoyment here and there
    Fun getting rid of the shitty tires that came with the car, all have been replaced now, too bad the diff had to go with them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTiyJcBW9GM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUlqPrEa5N8

Just called gm, and i can get just the case, they told me $500, which i know they're skinning me, but at least thats cheaper than a whole diff which they want 4000 for

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by crazybiker51 View Post
    Just called gm, and i can get just the case, they told me $500, which i know they're skinning me, but at least thats cheaper than a whole diff which they want 4000 for
    Interesting since the MRSP on the new differential is only $1922.96, and Luke at Lindsay Cadillac will beat that significantly.

phoned another stealarship, they quoted me 4k aswell, and apparently the casing doesn't exsist anymore, stopped producing them, tried calling lue, but parts isn't open today, and he never got back to me on my online parts request, i'll have to give him a call monday, still wondering if i should buy that cts diff, and hope my stuff fits, been trying to search other options all day, if a new diff is a reasonable price i'll just buy it, moneys just tight!

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Definately call Luke - he has no doubt been busy working on V-day. CTS differentials come with and without limited slip so there may be two cases with different internal cavities, but I do not know for sure. I do that those who have converted CTS-V differentials to different ratios (3.42 if I recall correctly) have used the ring and pinion gearsets from a CTS - so there a good chance that the cases have some interchangeability.

When my diff was changed by my dealer, the entire bill, parts and labor, was under $2000. Granted, GM was paying the bill, but $4k is rape.

deffinately rape, and thats not even install, thats just the diff, must be uranium coated to stop it from grenading. Would rather just buy a 9 inch if i could

Whats Gm shop rate down there? $2000 installed isn't bad at all, considering i know they charge $120 an hour up here
    My car will never set foot in their shop

garrettg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V | 07 Aprilia Tuono R

GM has them, just had a new one put in today under warranty.
    Serial 0006450001210E
    Took a look under there its all shiny and quiet so far. The fins look very deep on this model but I have no proof its any different than what came on my 07 V.

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Have you tried www.car-part.com and search a common part to find parts cars and call to see if they have a diff?

leosul@verizon.net is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

I've seen a couple BRAND NEW on Ebay for under a grand, last maybe a month ago. Personally, If I was keeping the car, I'd invest in one of those new hyper diff set ups-several companies selling (g force maybe?) for about $4K. I think you get diff, axles, CVs, the works. Put that one in and forget about it for life...

This is interesting (in the performance section of this forum)
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...9-install.html

This is on Ebay NOW (6/22) $850 from an 07 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-07...Q5fAccessories

Some tricks searching Ebay: Try CTSV AND CTS-V, you will get 2 entirely different sets of listings also try differential and carrier, different listings theres an 09 for under a grand!

Castro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Personally I'd be real careful about used diffs, eventually once I pony up for a gforce mine will find it's way to ebay as well... beware!!

True, but if you are able to swap a diff out yourself, having a backup for $100-200 or so is worth the stretch.

Castro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Yep very true, but $850 for a used one with no mileage info or mention of horrible whining is a BIG gamble I think. When I sell mine it will come with a nice disclaimer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.