clutch and rpm issues!! please help - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, clutch and rpm issues!! please help in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Have you done anything about the clutch fluid yet? If not, if could still be factor even if there is ...
    darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: clutch and rpm issues!! please help

Have you done anything about the clutch fluid yet? If not, if could still be factor even if there is another problem at the same time.

06BlackV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cts-V
    what kind of fluid do i need for the clutch? and do i fill to the max level ? because i heard fluid rises when it heats up

wcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Maggied

id say 3/4th's

Look at Post #4 - there is a link to a "how to". It is just a quick fix for a full flush and bleed procedure, but it should be good enough to see if fluid is an issue. You use brake fluid - DOT 3 or DOT 4 (better), and make sure it is fresh bottle as brake fluid attracts water once opened. Finally, it should be full since its a small reservoir anyway.

ok thats sounds like a start, can i top it off with fresh fluid just to see if it helps , and if so , change the fluid after ?

Periodically (at least every 24 months) the clutch fluid needs to be changed by a bleeding and flush operation just like your brake system. That is a somewhat more difficult procedure, but more importantly it can be a little risky for the do-it-yourselfer because the bleeder valve is located on the side of bell housing and where it can fall inside. The remedy can require removing the transmission. That is why I suggested the "quick-fix" as a start.

interesting , as i was driving home from work , (like before) im having a hard time downshifting , so i tried to down shift from 5-4 , and while doing so i hit the gas at the same time and it popped right into gear ,,, wtf?

the same thing with the other gears, a little gas while engaging the clutch and my downshifting works ,,, could it be shift forks?

RADEoN is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Olds Aurora

that's because things lined up and made it go in gear, it's the same thing if you were to pull out in first, pull it out of gear, and hold it into 2nd, and it'll eventually pop in normally. when the RPM's are just right, you can slide it in gear.

The fact that you just told us that makes me really think it's clutch related.

oh, and "topping it off" is a waste of time. you need to bleed the clutch to let any trapped air and all bad/tired fluid escape.

where do you live?

ive had that feeling all along radeon , because my cruise control works , so my cps should be ok , and i live in detroit michigan what about u?

RADEoN is offline Banned

oh i live in pittsburgh, i was gonna help you out if you were close.

i appreciate it radeon , im in Michigan , i took the car to a local known trans shop and they say its my synchros , they say my clutch is fine , but that was only by test driving the car, so with their opinion in mind , i took the car to don massey cadillac close to my house and im going to have them analyze and check it out and see what they find ,,,, hopefully they can dissect the problem , ill keep everyone posted. also, i should post a new thread but when the rpms rev down between shifts/and around 2k-2300 rpms i get vibrations , motor mounts? trans mounts?

RADEoN is offline Banned

synchros would be grinding

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.