clutch and rpm issues!! please help - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, clutch and rpm issues!! please help in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by wcryan I think that is why the dealership could not figure it out for 6 months. I ...
    darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: clutch and rpm issues!! please help

Quote Originally Posted by wcryan View Post
    I think that is why the dealership could not figure it out for 6 months. I finally had to tell them myself from people telling me on here and LS1tech. I dont think it has to do so much with it not being mated together in some way with the throttle, but the clutch knowing if it's fully engaged or not from a broken sensor. The sensor has to be good for something that has to do with the clutch. I wasnt totally explained what it was doing, but everyone I have talked to get's the issues; especially the rev matching and hanging throttle. It would be cool to get a low down of why it actually causes these symptoms
    One common denominator between these circuits, that is not delineated on the electrical diagrams is the ECM itself. So, it is possible, I suppose that if the ECM does not detect the clutch switch operation that it "expects" that it does something different. Perhaps a tuner could chime in on that possibility.

wcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Maggied

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    One common denominator between these circuits, that is not delineated on the electrical diagrams is the ECM itself. So, it is possible, I suppose that if the ECM does not detect the clutch switch operation that it "expects" that it does something different. Perhaps a tuner could chime in on that possibility.
    If that's the case. Maybe that's why everytime I disconnected and reconnected my battery for an hour or so, it would go away. I think were getting somewhere

06BlackV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cts-V
    thanks everyone for ur input , unfortunately its a guessing game for me , my cruise control does work so with that being said , im assuming the clutch position sensor is fine , i have no code yet , ive beat up my boxing bag at home trying to figure this out without relying on the ripoffs at dealerships and local shops :/

Quote Originally Posted by 06BlackV View Post
    thanks everyone for ur input , unfortunately its a guessing game for me , my cruise control does work so with that being said , im assuming the clutch position sensor is fine , i have no code yet , ive beat up my boxing bag at home trying to figure this out without relying on the ripoffs at dealerships and local shops :/
    Well, one simple thing to try would be to disconnect the battery for 30 minutes to clear the ECM, and see whether the symptom goes away temporarily.

RADEoN is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Olds Aurora

i'm skeptical that it's the CPS, to be honest. I really think it's a clutch or even hydraulic issue.

I could be wrong, though.

Try the battery method and get back to us...... Unhook it for about 30-40 minutes and hook it back up and go take it for a drive

Quote Originally Posted by RADEoN View Post
    i'm skeptical that it's the CPS, to be honest. I really think it's a clutch or even hydraulic issue.

I could be wrong, though.
    Hang around - you may be right. Diagnosing over the internet is always a crap shoot.

i work the graveyard shift, but first thing in the morning , i will unhook the battery and let u guys know what happends ,, thanks fellas

I'll cross my fingers for ya

ok i had time to disconnect the battery here at work , i connected it , then on my break , i drove it and no more RPM issue , but the clutch still having hard time with the downshift so i checked the clutch reservoir and its about 3/4 of an inch from the max level , its low, could this be the problem

replay in words to me what it is doing during downshifts again?

up shifting is very good , no problems, when im at speeds about 35 mph or higher and i want to down shift , it doesnt want to go in any gears , when it slows below 35mph , i dont have this problem down shifting

mstrjon32 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

I was just reading this thread and it struck a disturbing chord with me. My SES is on (don't have a code scanner to read the code, yet), the cruise control won't engage, and I've noticed recently that I feel like it's impossible to get a smooth rev-match. After reading this I feel like I'm going to finally get the code pulled and it's going to say CPS.

I need to get a scanner and figure out what's going on with this code.

the cruise control is the tell tale sign that it is your clutch position sensor. Also the when it's hard to rev match going up and down in gears..... Good thing it's a 40$ part

i just found out that when it is cold , the rpms and downshifting works better than when it warms up , and my cruise control does work .,

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.