Did your recently purchased H&R springs drop you more than advertised? Please read.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Did your recently purchased H&R springs drop you more than advertised? Please read. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Guys and gals, I'm currently in talks with an H&R rep. in an attempt to bring to light an issue ...
    WesH8398 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Did your recently purchased H&R springs drop you more than advertised? Please read.

Guys and gals,
    I'm currently in talks with an H&R rep. in an attempt to bring to light an issue with the springs they've been selling. The advertised average drop with these springs is 1.2" in the front and 1" in the rear. Personally, my front springs were pretty close to that, but my rear fender dropped just an 8th of an inch short of 2 full inches. Some people may not consider "too much" of a drop an "issue", and others may find yourself in the position that I do with wheels & tires that aren't fitting because the car's too low, etc. Others may just not like the "reverse rake" that these springs are producing (where the rear is lower than the front). Regardless of whether you're ok with the discrepancy or not, I'm asking that you make an attempt to contact Ryan at 1-888-827-8881 and simply inform him of the amount that your H&R springs lowered your V. The more people that inform him/them, the more likely it is that they fix the discrepancy.

This Ryan fellow is now aware of the possible issue and in our last conversation he told me that he's looking into it. He said he pulled 3 sets of rear springs out of their bin and tested them (I'm not sure what this testing entails), and they all "tested to their standards". I gave him my before and after floor to fender (through midline of wheel) measurements which showed a drop of 1 & 7/8ths in the rear. Ryan asked if I'd made any bump stop modifications or other suspension modifications, to which I told him I had not, except for the shock relocation spacers. I explained that these spacers have no effect on the static ride height of the vehicle, but were simply to compensate for the Nivomat auto-leveling shocks. He didn't seem familliar with this modification, but seemed to understand and accept that it did not effect the static ride height of the vehicle.

At one point in our initial conversation, Ryan did say that these springs were not made to work with vehicles equipped with auto-leveling shocks. I informed Ryan that I wasn't aware of ANY cts-v that did not have Nivomat auto-leveling shocks and thus, if this were the case with the springs, that they never should have been marketed as springs for the CTS-V. That was the last that I heard of this arguement, and Ryan continues to look into the subject.

Anyway, if you do contact H&R, please post up here with any pertinant info.

Thanks guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Did your recently purchased H&R springs drop you more than advertised? Please rea

Got pics?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Re: Did your recently purchased H&R springs drop you more than advertised? Please rea

So you modified your rear suspension my relocating the shock, and now the lowered results are more than what the manufacturer claimed?

That doesn't sound like their problem to me and I guarantee that is what they are going to say.

texasseville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Asked on the other site and I'll ask here too.....is this happening w/ Eibach springs too or is this H&R specific?

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by texasseville View Post
    Asked on the other site and I'll ask here too.....is this happening w/ Eibach springs too or is this H&R specific?
    I would think this is a function of the springs' free length (uncompressed) and spring rate ... assuming the shocks don't interfere with load leveling.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

iwantactsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V with a nice lobe

I have H&Rs with the MM kit and the rear is about the same as when I had a full coil cut off of the stock springs and 1/3 of the bumpstop chopped off. The front is a tad higher than when I had a full coil cut off and the same 1/3 bumpstop hack. It looks good on my car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.