Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Best Ipod adapter for our car

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  mr_e_mann 
#1 ·
I have tried an FM module Ipod connector that actually hard wires into the Antenna of the car and the sound quality was less than desirable. I was wondering what other people are using on here. Is anyone using something that hard wires into the radio..specifically the navigation version (which I think we all have) Just looking for better sound quality and hopefully integrated Ipod/Iphone charging. Thanks :)

Eric

#4 ·
#10 ·
Does anyone with the USA Spec actually like it? I have it and it SUCKS!

I cannot select any music from the ipod or the nav unit when its in use. If I want to hear an artist or song I have to unplug the ipod, select the song, press play and plug it back in. I finally just started using playlists. With playlists the random feature doesn't work and often it defaults to ALL SONGS. Aren't you supposed to be able to use the nav interface to select songs, artists, playlists etc?

Unplugging the ipod every time I want to change the song, artist, genre etc. is annoying. I'm starting to think that going back to CDs is a better option.

#12 · (Edited)
#13 ·
I like my USA Spec fine. I wish it would display info on the screen while in "Direct Mode" but other than that it is fine. I can select songs on my iPhone or iPod nano and I can cycle through a playlist using the radio buttons. It isn't much better than a mic jack and probably costs too much for what it does but it works as advertised.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.