Pros/Cons for getting rid of factory NAV - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Pros/Cons for getting rid of factory NAV in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I use google navagation on my droid. Free and turn by turn....
    JFensty is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 Blk Cts-V
    I use google navagation on my droid. Free and turn by turn.

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

Re: Pros/Cons for getting rid of factory NAV

Can any one highlight what is so bad about the OEM nav?? i have never really used another other then my iphone..

maybe ignorance is bliss? lol

johnny6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V 2001 Camaro Z28

It's not just the NAV but the whole system in general is pretty buggy and outdated. It looks like a bad Nintendo game from the 80's

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by JFensty View Post
    I use google navagation on my droid. Free and turn by turn.
    Agreed. Can't beat it.. I use both the gps and the general map. I have an HTC phone with a big screen so it really is an end all replacement for any gps unit ive used (garmin and several rental units over the years). I like that you can just speak the destination and it does the rest.

Aurora40 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post
    Can any one highlight what is so bad about the OEM nav?? i have never really used another other then my iphone..

maybe ignorance is bliss? lol
    It is tedious to change the DIC display. I like to see the instant MPG, and sometimes the fuel used. But I also like to see what the temp is outside. Most cars I've had, you can see temp and economy, but not the V. And switching is tedious. Other cars I've had, it's like changing the dash display on the V. Dedicated button to scroll through the stuff. On the V you have to hit "Info", scroll down the list, select the thing, then hit "back". And of course you have to have the radio on to do any of that.

Getting directions can be tedious too. I hate the way it makes you choose a postal city when you select a road name. And if you pick the wrong one, you can't enter the street address you are going to.

The ergonomics of the thing are really poor.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.