Potentially Buying an 07 CTS-V.. Any Tips?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Potentially Buying an 07 CTS-V.. Any Tips? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hi Everyone, I am going to look at an '07 tomorrow, I was wondering if anyone had any tips on ...
    potential07buyer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Potentially Buying an 07 CTS-V.. Any Tips?

Hi Everyone,

I am going to look at an '07 tomorrow, I was wondering if anyone had any tips on things to look at?

Are there any sort of issues or known problems with the CTS-V's I should know about?

I am fairly new to GM's in general, but am very skilled and knowledgeable mechanically.

My potential new love is a Grey 2007 w/Black Int. 65,000KM .. the guy is asking $29K OBO.. which seems like a pretty decent price? I would really love to buy an 09 or up but unfortunately they are out of my price range still.

Thanks for any help,

Cheers!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

perfect is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V Platinum

Re: Potentially Buying an 07 CTS-V.. Any Tips?

check here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-used-cts.html

Please learn to use this forum properly before posting questions that have been answered 100's of times and have been answered...in a sticky...3rd post from the top!

EdmundGTP is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Thunder Grey? Rare color if so! Price isnt TOOOO bad, but I'd try to neg a little lower. I'd shoot for $27k ish. There probably ARE better deals to be had than that, but there's something to be said about being able to see the car in person, test drive it, and not have to wait months and months for the "perfect" deal to come along. Check to see how much warranty is left. Bumper to bumper is probably expired, or very close to it. Drive train should be good for another year or so depending on original purchase date. Check the tires, if they're low or close to bare, that's a good bargaining chip to mention during negotiating price, as you're looking at between 700 and 1200 for new rubber depending on your tire preference. Get the VIN number and have the local caddy dealer run a GM VIS report for you. Most dealerships with a friendly service manager will do this for free. I called the local dealer, gave them the VIN and they emailed me a copy of the VIS report. That will show the repair history and warranty claims history of the car.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by perfect View Post
    ... Please learn to use this forum properly before posting questions that have been answered 100's of times and have been answered ...
    But, it's fun to answer this question! Plus, that ol' stickie never gets looked at.

Thunder gray ...
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

2007nightrider is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Welcome to the site man!

Quote Originally Posted by EdmundGTP View Post
    Thunder Grey? Rare color if so! Price isnt TOOOO bad, but I'd try to neg a little lower. I'd shoot for $27k ish. There probably ARE better deals to be had than that, but there's something to be said about being able to see the car in person, test drive it, and not have to wait months and months for the "perfect" deal to come along. Check to see how much warranty is left. Bumper to bumper is probably expired, or very close to it. Drive train should be good for another year or so depending on original purchase date. Check the tires, if they're low or close to bare, that's a good bargaining chip to mention during negotiating price, as you're looking at between 700 and 1200 for new rubber depending on your tire preference. Get the VIN number and have the local caddy dealer run a GM VIS report for you. Most dealerships with a friendly service manager will do this for free. I called the local dealer, gave them the VIN and they emailed me a copy of the VIS report. That will show the repair history and warranty claims history of the car.
    x2...

I bought my 07 back in September 2010 with 27k on the odometer, one owner, clean Carfax, etc...and I paid $28,000 from a Caddy dealership. So I would def try to haggle him down. Emphasize gas prices, because that's putting a hurting on most vehicles with a V8. And being that it's a private seller you're dealing with and not a dealer, you should be able to get it a little cheaper as well.

FYI - here's what dealers are paying for them at auction (basically same as trade-in value), and I have it sorted by mileage. GREEN is above average condition, WHITE is average, and YELLOW is below average condition...so maybe this will give you a better idea on what the car is worth, and what you SHOULD pay for it -->

Attached Images

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    Is that the one for sale at Beachfront Motors in Phoenix?

RBefort is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Just bought my 07 Black in excellent condition with new tires, etc, 32k miles for 26k from dealer, plus another 2300ish in sales tax sometime soon back home

yframe65 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-V

Fellas,
    Been looking for 8 months and just found an 04 with 17000 for 20,000.... Silver with all the options. Plus headers, high flow cats, b+b exhaust, intake, upgraded rear end... Cherry. I thought it was the best deal I have seen since i started looking. Great deals are out there, just be patient and know what you want, and how much you want to pay...

dr.duct_mossburg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts-V

Just got an 05', Silver on Blk, 58k on the clock for $21k out the door.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Nice, guys. Now post up some pics!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.