V Drivers in MA are blind...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By rand49er
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, V Drivers in MA are blind... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Seriously. And this time I was in my '09 heading to the Eve of Destruction at Thompson Speedway in CT. ...
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

V Drivers in MA are blind...

Seriously. And this time I was in my '09 heading to the Eve of Destruction at Thompson Speedway in CT. I saw a black V1 on I-395N in Webster as I was going S yesterday around 5PM. A long time before we passed so he had time to look. Blind as a flippin' bat.

Wake up you goobers...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

leosul@verizon.net is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

Re: V Drivers in MA are blind...

Maybe I'm missing something here, but what exactly is the other V supposed to be looking for? I have not seen another V in MA since I acquired my own.

kevm14 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray CTS-V

I've seen maybe...two or three since I bought mine last summer. One of them I saw in Warwick, RI at a light. It was an 06 or 07, but was repainted in that V2 pearl color and man, it looked good. I was surprised how much I liked it. I was in my dirty 93 Caprice so there wasn't much I could do...

rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I passed a Black V1 moving about 1 mph stuck at a light (I was turning, she was going straight), could not get the drivers attention at all, some people are either just clueless, or don't care about other V's

Quote Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
    I've seen maybe...two or three since I bought mine last summer. One of them I saw in Warwick, RI at a light. It was an 06 or 07, but was repainted in that V2 pearl color and man, it looked good. I was surprised how much I liked it. I was in my dirty 93 Caprice so there wasn't much I could do...
    Are you sure it was a V? I've seen a wannaV in RI in the pearl white with the grilles...

Quote Originally Posted by leosul@verizon.net View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but what exactly is the other V supposed to be looking for? I have not seen another V in MA since I acquired my own.
    They were supposed to look at the Jeep I was following...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Are you sure it was a V? I've seen a wannaV in RI in the pearl white with the grilles...
    If I recall it had 6 lugs and even a stock V exhaust. Someone would have gone through a lot of trouble if it's a fake. Sounded like a V8, too...

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Been seeing more of them around here, and they seem oblivious.

Snooty second-gen V owners!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post

Different breed of buyer. The car comes in automatic. No doubt its a phenominal car in this form, but it's not the pure enthusiast version.

Kev- you need to bust a u turn on that next time. Upgrade to a camera phone too..

rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by CadzillaTN View Post
    Different breed of buyer. The car comes in automatic. No doubt its a phenominal car in this form, but it's not the pure enthusiast version.
    We need some way to identify the auto's from outside

More misses from V1 owners than V2...

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 LS6 Stealth Grey

I've given up on this. Esp V2 guys. Even when on the highway sitting in traffic next to each other. The first few years I had the car I was / am a fanatic and would go up to other V owners to share the love and they'd brush me off so what ev. Two years ago I was in Pathmark and lilg saw my car in the lot, came in and found me. We saw another V in the lot and waited for the guy. When he approached his car we tried to talk to him, he brushed us off and basically said our cars weren't Vs. 'nuff said.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

I meant snooty second-gen V1 owners.

Seems like some of the guys who've been drooling over getting a V1 and waiting till they became in reach are the ones that think their behinds produce no foul order. Not the second-gen V1 owners on here, mind you. They, at least, acknowledge the rest of us while on the road.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by CadzillaTN View Post
    Kev- you need to bust a u turn on that next time. Upgrade to a camera phone too..
    It was a large intersection (near the mall) and he was turning left. I was in a straight lane and I didn't really feel like whipping out my camera phone.

I meant snooty second-gen V1 owners.

Seems like some of the guys who've been drooling over getting a V1 and waiting till they became in reach are the ones that think their behinds produce no foul order. Not the second-gen V1 owners on here, mind you. They, at least, acknowledge the rest of us while on the road.
    I'm third gen. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. At least the 2nd owner is on these boards (STS-V department...).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.