P0113 code on a Maggied V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, P0113 code on a Maggied V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So car threw this code on my way home form work today. I checked all the IAT connection and they ...
    OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

P0113 code on a Maggied V

So car threw this code on my way home form work today. I checked all the IAT connection and they all looked fine. Went out for a drive and the IAT temp was about 61C or 141F, are these high temperatures to be seeing based on the relocated iat sensor? I cleared the code and drove for another 5-10 minutes and it stayed off.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Twitch is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Re: P0113 code on a Maggied V

If the car sits a bit, the IAT gets pretty hot. Then when you start her up again, its hard to bring the temp back down, so 141F isn't uncommon.
    Look into changing the thermistor in the IAT sensor. If I'm sitting in traffic my IAT climbs. But as soon as I start moving (more RPMs=more air flow through the intake) the temp drops quickly where it used to stay high forever with the stock unit.

Tony

This isn't the stock thermistor, its the one that came with the maggie setup. Also this morning it read -39C all the way into work so something is not right.

Twitch is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Sorry, I meant stock as in the one that came with the Maggie. If your reading negative temps then something is wrong. I think I bought a replacement IAT sensor from Lingenfelter.

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Omega thermosister and a new LS1 style IAT sensor is what you need. Do a search and you will figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by CancerJCC View Post
    Omega thermosister and a new LS1 style IAT sensor is what you need. Do a search and you will figure it out.
    Are you referring to this mod?
    http://kb.ls1gto.com/KB/article.aspx?id=10279

on the drive home today, read -39C whole way home except for about 3 minutes it read about 41c. Then I come home pull the connection and use contact cleaner and it seems to properly read again, so we will wait and see but I did order another connector and am going to pick up the Omega thermistor anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by OneFast V View Post
    Are you referring to this mod?
    http://kb.ls1gto.com/KB/article.aspx?id=10279
    Yes.

on the drive home today, read -39C whole way home except for about 3 minutes it read about 41c. Then I come home pull the connection and use contact cleaner and it seems to properly read again, so we will wait and see but I did order another connector and am going to pick up the Omega thermistor anyways.
    Good call. Its cheap and easy and a good mod. FYI a stock Maggie tune starts pulling timing and thus power at 131*. The less time your stock thermosistor is falsely hanging out at that temp the better.

Drove into work today and again the stupid iat is reading -39C and Lingenfelter is on back order for their iat connectors so I'll be waiting for a little before i get another. Is there any adverse affect to continue driving the vehicle if the iat is reading -39C atleast until i get the new connector and sensor?

Drove into work today and again the stupid iat is reading -39C and Lingenfelter is on back order for their iat connectors so I'll be waiting for a little before i get another. Is there any adverse affect to continue driving the vehicle if the iat is reading -39C atleast until i get the new connector and sensor?
    Search around. You don't have to buy it from Lingenfelter at all, its just an LS1 sensor.

I don't think there is to much cause for concern unless you are really dogging the V out. Meaning if the IAT sensor can't pull timing when the intake air temps go sky high you might be in trouble.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.