V's in the D - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, V's in the D in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I was out on Friday night... Had a lot of fun with a few friends. The weather here is awful ...
    07 Velocity is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Re: V's in the D

I was out on Friday night... Had a lot of fun with a few friends. The weather here is awful now, but it is supposed to clear up for the weekend. Let me know if you guys are heading towards Woodward this weekend and we can meet up.

On a side not, does anyone know how I can clean up the nav screen pretty good and what products I can use on it? Thanks a ton!

Bigron is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Velocity what color is yours? Any mods that make it distinguishable?

tigerlion is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I am planning to move to Dearborn in a few month.
    Is there any good performance shop around that area?

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlion View Post
    I am planning to move to Dearborn in a few month.
    Is there any good performance shop around that area?
    I highly recommend these guys!

http://www.stenodperformance.com/

WesH8398 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V
    Although I'm "all the way from Canada", I'm interested in meets anywhere between the D and Port Huron. I'm too embarrassed to show up just yet though. I still have the winter tires on!! lol My LC Venetto's have been sitting in my garage since December waiting for their rubber. They're supposed to be getting off the boat from the Netherlands this week, then reaching me shortly thereafter. I installed my H&R's the other day, so can't wait to get the new "shoes" on her. THEN I'll be ready to meet up with you guys!

07 Velocity is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

My car is black with black tints. Everything else is stock... I would like to get a dyno tune and a cai setup, but I dont know if I really want to break the stock form. Heat soak feels like it kills this car though... Any suggestions as to why and what can be done? I also thought about headers and the dyno tune a long with the intake setup, but I dont really know much about these cars so im kinda weary.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by 07 Velocity View Post
    My car is black with black tints. Everything else is stock... I would like to get a dyno tune and a cai setup, but I dont know if I really want to break the stock form. Heat soak feels like it kills this car though... Any suggestions as to why and what can be done? I also thought about headers and the dyno tune a long with the intake setup, but I dont really know much about these cars so im kinda weary.
    CAI is near worthless ... save your money. Headers and exhaust will give a couple of dozen rwhp, but the improved sound is worth it alone.

Stock? If you do ANYTHING, do a shifter.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Dollars for smiles ratio, nothing beat my exhaust for my V1 performance mods

Went for some back road cruising this weekend with the old girl leading the way and I loved listening to every minute of the exhaust note.

GMBOUND and GMBOUND like this.

So, you and the "old girl" are still seeing each other? Nice. Reminds me of a girl from high school I knew during the years that followed.

From that pic, the new girl and the "old girl" look like they get along just fine. Nice!
    GMBOUND and GMBOUND like this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    So, you and the "old girl" are still seeing each other? Nice. Reminds me of a girl from high school I knew during the years that followed.

From that pic, the new girl and the "old girl" look like they get along just fine. Nice!
    Yeah I probably see the old girl about every other week (more in the summer since she lives on the water now). Plus I get to fool around with her on occasion as well.
    The new girl is fast, exciting and insatiable. But the old girl is always down for a solid romp around the block.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigron View Post
    Yeah I probably see the old girl about every other week (more in the summer since she lives on the water now). Plus I get to fool around with her on occasion as well.
    The new girl is fast, exciting and insatiable. But the old girl is always down for a solid romp around the block.
    Admit it, Ron. You've got a case of Vehicularpromiscuity.

Josh61513 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I live in the Flint/Saginaw area but I'd be up for a meet. I've met Randy (bought wheels/tires from him), but that's it so far. I just picked up my black '04 V last fall so it isn't very distinguishable yet. Just clear fogs/sidemarkers, and hopefully tinted windows sometime this month as it's getting HOT quick!

Good call on the tint. I want to get 3M Crystalline this go around, but the only place that does it in MI is over in Grand Rapids.

3M Website

Josh, meet Ron. It's Ron's tire/wheels you bought from me. I bought them from him thinking of chroming them (well, the wheels anyway), only to end up buying wheels from WheelDude instead.

"3M Crystalline?" Is that a tint or a clear bra?

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

I stopped at the Dairy Queen in front of Bakers yesterday...that place was packed!!!!!!!!!!!! Also spotted a Platinum V1 heading to Bakers. Anyone???

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.