New Tires for my 2005 CTS-V - recommendations please
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, New Tires for my 2005 CTS-V - recommendations please in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; My current tires (Primacy MXV4) are getting pretty worn at 59K miles and need some recommendations. I am looking for ...
    rpgibbs is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 SRX 05 CTS-V

New Tires for my 2005 CTS-V - recommendations please

My current tires (Primacy MXV4) are getting pretty worn at 59K miles and need some recommendations. I am looking for a moderately priced tire in the $150 to $225 (each) range, the widest tread possible, an agressive tread pattern and a good looking sidewall. Also, I am in south Florida so no winter weather to deal with. I will probably go with an order from Tirerack.com. Thanks

This was the 2nd set of tires put on by the 1st owner.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: New Tires for my 2005 CTS-V - recommendations please

Do you have 59k miles on the tires, or on the car?
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

wcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Maggied

hankook evo's

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

my wife can't even get 59k miles out of tires on her SUV!

I assume you want A/S tires, which I can't help you with -- never ran them in the last 10+ years. but, TireRack does a great job of narrowing it down for you. from what I've read, Continental ExtremeContact DWS seems like a great A/S for the $.

I'm curious about the Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 (what a dumb name!) tires for only $149. I still have some GY F1 GS D3 tires left, but going to need to replace soon or put the winters back on.

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Sumitomos HTR Z II.......$130ish a piece

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....Model=HTR+Z+II

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    ... from what I've read, Continental ExtremeContact DWS seems like a great A/S for the $ ...
    Those are my next tires when Wheeldude comes through with my new wheels though I'm not going with the A/S ones.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

EdmundGTP is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

I just put a set of Bridgestone RE760's on my car and they've been great so far. Nice looking sidewalls, and a non-directional asymmetric tread so you can actually do cross-swap pattern tire rotations if you buy matching sizes at all 4 corners. I went with 255-40-28's (car is lowered).

repenttokyo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by wcryan View Post
    hankook evo's
    x2, I have these and they are great.

WesH8398 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V
    Can those who suggest a certain tire please explain why? IE longevity, grip (wet, dry), road noise, etc?

mr_e_mann is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

I just got a set of Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval Indy 500 tires. I've been happy so far, the ride is a lot smoother and quieter than the OEM Goodyears. I've only had them for two weeks so far so they may let me down. The Firestone Complete Auto Care shop is running a buy 3 / get 1 on that tire right now (http://www.firestonecompleteautocare...sp?id=10000429). It cost me about $750 with Colorado taxes for everything including the TPMS rebuild kit.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

If you want good looking tires then I'm not helping you...
    ZackLakatos and ZackLakatos like this.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

I have the hankook evo's. They are great. I have two sets. one on my wifes car and a set on mine. Her car is great. not much noise if any and they grip in dry and wet. Now on my car they were great but, if you take them to the track they get loud. I'm actually looking for a new tire but my search keeps brining me back to them. I track my car but it still is my DD. I think the go for around $164 per tire in stock sizes. Hope this helps.

Jim what would you recommend if you didn't care if the tire was ugly. I am not looking to spend more than $200 per tire. I do good with tires i think. I replace them once a year with about 5-6 track days per year.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by WesH8398 View Post
    Can those who suggest a certain tire please explain why? IE longevity, grip (wet, dry), road noise, etc?
    This is what swayed me:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=140
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by odla View Post
    I have the hankook evo's. They are great. I have two sets. one on my wifes car and a set on mine. Her car is great. not much noise if any and they grip in dry and wet. Now on my car they were great but, if you take them to the track they get loud. I'm actually looking for a new tire but my search keeps brining me back to them. I track my car but it still is my DD. I think the go for around $164 per tire in stock sizes. Hope this helps.

Jim what would you recommend if you didn't care if the tire was ugly. I am not looking to spend more than $200 per tire. I do good with tires i think. I replace them once a year with about 5-6 track days per year.
    I'm warming up to the Hankooks. But I can't wait to try the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. But for under $200? Not sure...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

vinnievis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I have the General Exclaim UHP's on mine (put on by previous owner). Ive put on 6K miles and the rears arent wearing so well... Started with 8/32nds in July, and in Oct they were 3-4/32nds in the rear, and nearly no wear on the front... Strange...

Maybe I should check my Alignment? lol...

All kidding aside, I wont put the same on. In doing my research on replacements it seemed like the Continental ExtremeContact DWS rated well on TireRack for the $. But I have no experience with them yet.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.