Thinking of doing a custom exhaust on my V.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Thinking of doing a custom exhaust on my V. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Thinking of doing a custom exhaust on my V. It has the Corsa catbacks, just too quiet for me. Wondered ...
    Goonie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

It has the Corsa catbacks, just too quiet for me.

Wondered if anyone just ran straight pipes?

Would anyone be interested in the current corsa mufflers/tips off of it? How much could I sell these for?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

chicoweb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: Thinking of doing a custom exhaust on my V.

Never heard one before. If you do, post a vid, I'd be interested to hear.

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

i'd recommend going with cutouts. This way if you ever want things a little quieter you can just hit the switch. I run them on my V and they are plenty loud.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

I put a Corsa on my car then took it for a spin ... wa-a-y too quiet. It was extremely disappointing.

You have a choice at this point: Put headers and hi-flow cats (which will really wake it up) or do just what you're doing and sell the Corsa to put cutouts, straight pipes, or whatever on. BTW, it's the OEM cats that are silencing the exhaust ... lose them, and your car will be immediately louder.

Used Corsa exhaust (in decent shape) should fetch $600-800 I should think though I have little to substantiate those figures.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

WesH8398 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Randy, are you asking about going straight pipes just in place of the mufflers, or in place of mufflers and resonator? I did the "muffler delete" almost as soon as I got my V last year and I still love how it sounds. It's not too loud inside the car, but I ALWAYS get comments on how nice it sounds when I'm driving it. Idle could be a little more noticeable, but that would also mean driving exhaust volumes would be a lot louder. My previous car was a 97 Mustang that I put high-flow cats on with Flowmaster 2 chambers. Sounded great outside, but there was a pretty significant drone at highway speeds which got annoying. My ears would be ringing after the short drive to London.

IMO you'd be financially WAY ahead of the game to sell the corsa and just go with the muffler delete. And you'd probably be happier with the sound. If you still want louder, replace the OEM cats with some high-flow cats. For those, you don't have to spend the cash that many around here say you need to. The ones I put on my Mustang were Magnaflow "spun" cats that were only $60 apeice (like these). I got them from performancepeddler.com, but just checked and their website doesn't seem to be returning any results for universal fit cats right now. Before them I was failing emissions by LONG SHOTS with Catco universal cats that were only a few years old. After them I passed with flying colours.

Managed to find them. If you go to their site, just type "Magnaflow spun" into the search function. The links along the left side don't seem to give any results. Anyway, here's what I got: http://www.performancepeddler.com/de...CT_ID=MAG54956

carfreak06 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I deleted my factory mufflers and resonators before I technically owned the car. I love the way it sounds, but it pops pretty loud shifting from 1st to 2nd at around 4000 rpm... so I'm on the lookout for some 3 1/2" to 4" tips with the baffling inside to cure the pop.

I don't think resonated tips are going to cure your popping, but it's worth a shot.

Randy, I kept my resonator, just to clarify.

RADEoN is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Olds Aurora

i hollowed my cats and mufflers, and it sounds pretty good. not loud at all though.

Fasciaguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

I also did the muffler delete and threw some 3" chrome tips that are about 16" long in place of where the mufflers were..
    Sounds very much like a corvette and I did it probably 6 months ago and I still enjoy it. When I took it to the SCCA event had lots of comments about how it did not sound like the car they saw on the track. I think I may have heard the phrase "Its not your daddy's Cadillac" for those that remember that slogan back when GM Caddy Div. was trying to shake the "old man" car image.

Chris0nllyn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Maybe replace the resonator w/ an x-pipe (assuming you have a resonator ofcourse)

mstrjon32 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Fasciaguy View Post
    I think I may have heard the phrase "Its not your daddy's Cadillac" for those that remember that slogan back when GM Caddy Div. was trying to shake the "old man" car image.
    Wasn't that, "It's not your father's Oldsmobile?"

Fasciaguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Yea maybe it was Oldsmobile.

carfreak06 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I went to the exhaust shop today.... I ended up making things worse... a lot worse.... it started with some black Chrome 4" tips... then the cats magically disappeared and now its way too loud... long story short, keep the cats... now I'm looking for a cheap duel inlet duel outlet flomaster to put where the resonator used to be... and the kooks longtubes coming real soon

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by carfreak06 View Post
    I went to the exhaust shop today.... I ended up making things worse... a lot worse.... it started with some black Chrome 4" tips... then the cats magically disappeared and now its way too loud... long story short, keep the cats... now I'm looking for a cheap duel inlet duel outlet flomaster to put where the resonator used to be... and the kooks longtubes coming real soon
    Black chrome tips....nice....got pics?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.