AMSOIL Expands Signature Series - Now meets Dexos1
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, AMSOIL Expands Signature Series - Now meets Dexos1 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; AMSOIL 0W-20 (ASM), 5W-30 (ASL) and 10W-30 (ATM) Synthetic Motor Oils join AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-30 to round out the ...
    C66 Racing is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V (sold)

AMSOIL Expands Signature Series - Now meets Dexos1

AMSOIL 0W-20 (ASM), 5W-30 (ASL) and 10W-30 (ATM) Synthetic Motor Oils join AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-30 to round out the new Signature Series line. Signature Series 0W-30 is now identified by product code AZO. Product code SSO will be discontinued and is only available while supplies last.

In addition to being reformulated to meet the latest API SN Resource Conserving and ILSAC GF-5 industry specifications, the new Signature Series line features all-new packaging and represents the very best motor oils AMSOIL has to offer, allowing motorists to take advantage of maximum extended drain intervals. In the interest of consistency and clarity within the Signature Series line, all four motor oils are recommended for drain intervals of up to 25,000 miles/one year, whichever comes first (15,000 miles/one year in severe service conditions).

AMSOIL Oils labeled for Dexos1:
    AMSOIL Signature Series 100% Synthetic 0w30 (Product Code AZOQT)
    AMSOIL Signature Series 100% Synthetic 5w30 (Product Code ASLQT)
    AMSOIL XL Synthetic 5w30 (Product Code XLFQT)
    AMSOIL OE Synthetic 5w30 (Product Code OEFQT)

Note that AMSOIL recommends the top two for the V. Check the AMSOIL Online Product Application Guide for specific information on other vehicles or drop me a PM with questions.

As always, I'm happy to offer AMSOIL to forum members at dealer wholesale, about 25% below retail, via the AMSOIL Preferred Customer Program. Drop me a PM if interested.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JustinC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Re: AMSOIL Expands Signature Series - Now meets Dexos1

Are auto manifacturers supporting these maintenance intervals with this standard of oil?

garrettg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V | 07 Aprilia Tuono R

Don't want to start a flame war but would it be reasonable strategy to run the signature series 0(5)w30 and amsoil filter and still use the oil life meter just change after 2 cycles instead of 1. Two cycles through the life meter would be somewhere between 10-15k based on what I have seen.

C66 Racing is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC View Post
    Are auto manifacturers supporting these maintenance intervals with this standard of oil?
    The answer for the Signature Series is probably not, though with the GM Oil Life Interval you might get between 10-15k if you drove an ideal all highway cycle. The XL and OE are really designed for intervals that most manufacturers already recommend (many European and import oil change intervals are already 10k miles) - so in this case yes. If you use the Signature Series in a car under warranty and go past the GM OLM recommendation, be aware that the AMSOIL warranty covers you up to their recommended interval (which would probably be 15k or one year for the CTS-V using an AMSOIL 15k mile filter - assuming V meets the definition of "severe" service which I personally feel it does unless you really baby it). AMSOIL Corporate Warranty

For Garrettg,
    Somewhat the same answer. Assuming you use the Signature Series and an AMSOIL 15k filter, and the oil change interval doesn't go past 15k or one year, you are complying with AMSOIL's recommendations. I sometimes use a similar strategy in my wife's 03 Chevy Trailblazer using the Sig Series 0w30 and a EA15k32 filter. That car is currently at 9k miles and 4% remaining on the OLM. I'll probably reset it and change the oil when it suits my schedule between 10-15k miles. For the driving cycle in her SUV, that usually translates to about 50-75% on the OLM 2nd countdown.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.