Bought my dream car in a '06 CTS-V, but FML - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Bought my dream car in a '06 CTS-V, but FML in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Gun metal flat would look amazing on the V......
    mstrjon32 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: Bought my dream car in a '06 CTS-V, but FML

Gun metal flat would look amazing on the V...

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Quote Originally Posted by LAYGO View Post
    I like the plantinum. Eventually I'll do a two tone w/the plat.
    I bet it would increase value if it was say...gun metal gray or yellow or red... or maybe white. Love Audi's casablanca white and their pearl. Need some PSs.

Two tone makes me think of my Dad's Silverados from the late '70s-'80s. Yuk. I don't think the lines of a V lend itself to look good two tone. Hideous...

leosul@verizon.net is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

recently bought my dream 06 with 3200 miles-infrared, only option of that year! I got 17 hailstone dents on roof, trunk, hood this dude http://dent-monsters.com/contact_us.html came out and in about 3 hour removed EVERy trace of damage! Price was $350 (lower for cash). I challenge ANYONE to find ONE of those suckers! Watch out for the company called "Dent Wizard." They are a big franchise and work mostly for car dealerships. In other words, you make the appointment through the dealer. My guy said it would have cost me $650 through a dealership. Really-these guys are magicians! Stay away from body shop as much as you can!

LAYGO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V - '96 Impala SS

Quote Originally Posted by leosul@verizon.net View Post
    recently bought my dream 06 with 3200 miles-infrared, only option of that year! I got 17 hailstone dents on roof, trunk, hood this dude http://dent-monsters.com/contact_us.html came out and in about 3 hour removed EVERy trace of damage! Price was $350 (lower for cash). I challenge ANYONE to find ONE of those suckers! Watch out for the company called "Dent Wizard." They are a big franchise and work mostly for car dealerships. In other words, you make the appointment through the dealer. My guy said it would have cost me $650 through a dealership. Really-these guys are magicians! Stay away from body shop as much as you can!
    Cool, but I'm pretty sure I've got (or had) more than 17 dents in just the trim around ONE of the windows.

jacobcalero is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ctsv

damn, that sucks

Poked my head in the shop today because I needed to get a rental since the Impala's heater core gave up the ghost . . . AGAIN (one of the reasons I started looking for a new vehicle). Also, I got tired of DPS pulling me over for no front plate (twice in 2wks!), so I got a rental:

Paid another visit to the car to drop off some things & pick some things up.

Spy shot with unpainted trunk:

Then I happened to have walked into the showroom stumbled upon this. Might be hard to read in these small images, but it's a ZR1!

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

When do they think it will be done?

Side note, I'm heading to SNL today to pick up my V...she's finally finished!

Quote Originally Posted by whisler151 View Post
    When do they think it will be done?

Side note, I'm heading to SNL today to pick up my V...she's finally finished!
    The hood was supposed to ship yesterday. No clue if it actually did. I emailed to find out.

I was super pissed last night because as I was leaving work, my Impala decided it didn't like the radiator hose connected more than I did. I spent 2hrs in the heat before a coworker & I got the tools & replaced the hose clamp. Fed up with the Impala. I'm not selling it, but I'm done putting time/money into it! I just want to park it & not think about it for a few years, then come back & drop an LSx into it.

Now, come give me a ride in your V so I can at least remember what the inside looked like . . .

SHE'S HOME!

A couple of issue remain though. The paint over all is very nice. New paint on everything but the bumpers. WTF IS THAT? There's even paint/over spray on the damn inside of the passenger side windows! Looking at those pictures now, you can see how the paint doesn't match at the rear quarters to the bumpers.

They some how didn't get any clear on the edge of the spoiler furthest to the rear (the part someone behind you would be staring at). 95% of the spoiler looks good, but some other paint oddities. (I can spot the tiniest ****!)

The hood fitment is a lil off. The whole thing looks cockeyed looking straight on. There are inconsistent gaps between the grill/hood & hood/fender:

I'm mostly pleased, but disappointed with the bumpers now. They want it back to fix the issues in a few weeks.

jcollege is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Raven CTS-V

Man must be great to have her back, hopefully you can get the remained of the issues "straightened out"

Sorry, I didn't clean up the interior after working in it all afternoon. I did wash the outside. Vacuum tomorrow . . .

I am having a lil binding feeling trying to get into 6th. All other gears are nice & smooth. Love it!

Stock height, short throw, custom thread for custom shift knob, broken/tattered boot. Photos by my woman:

Also installed my K&N CAI Friday night. The tablet I'm thinking of using to replace the stock stereo arrived & picked it up on Saturday. Will install radar detector/amp for sub soon.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

cool shift knob. I don't think it really goes with the V, but it's still cool.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.