Bought my dream car in a '06 CTS-V, but FML - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Bought my dream car in a '06 CTS-V, but FML in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I think the last guy that guy hit by some hail actually got quoted to around the same price as ...
    wcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Maggied

Re: Bought my dream car in a '06 CTS-V, but FML

I think the last guy that guy hit by some hail actually got quoted to around the same price as you : X

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CadzillaTN View Post
    They can fix hail damage nicely these days, search for 814V's car.. it got hammered by hail too. It's only the skin, not structural. A collision or huge tree falling on it would be much worse.

It's amazing what they can do with hail damage these days. You will never know it was there.

chicoweb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Holy crap, that's some bad luck. Hope it gets fixed and ins. doesn't jerk you around.

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

storms are getting out of hand...

LAYGO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V - '96 Impala SS

I took it by some shops & they said "no way jose on PDR" & I tried talking to the adjuster about it AGAIN. He just reiterated take it to the shop, let them file a supplemental to get the money to do it right.

(Realization as I was typing this . . . )
    I think they cut a lowball check hoping I'd just take it & not get the car repaired. The only way to get more money is to actually have the car repaired. Now it all kinda makes sense.

I've got an appointment with Sewell Cadillac Body Shop 5/16 to drop it off & get repaired & will let them deal with the insurance company about getting all the monies.

I went with Sewell because after talking to them, they'd make it like it was from the factory. Also, they could address some of the little things like one of the interior panels retaining tabs broke. They'll likely replace it because they'll have to remove the interior to replace the roof.

I figure I can just put on a custom hood later if I *STILL* want it. I can take care of the spoiler in the driveway.

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by LAYGO View Post
    I took it by some shops & they said "no way jose on PDR" & I tried talking to the adjuster about it AGAIN. He just reiterated take it to the shop, let them file a supplemental to get the money to do it right.

(Realization as I was typing this . . . )
    I think they cut a lowball check hoping I'd just take it & not get the car repaired. The only way to get more money is to actually have the car repaired. Now it all kinda makes sense.

I've got an appointment with Sewell Cadillac Body Shop 5/16 to drop it off & get repaired & will let them deal with the insurance company about getting all the monies.

I went with Sewell because after talking to them, they'd make it like it was from the factory. Also, they could address some of the little things like one of the interior panels retaining tabs broke. They'll likely replace it because they'll have to remove the interior to replace the roof.

I figure I can just put on a custom hood later if I *STILL* want it. I can take care of the spoiler in the driveway.
    Glad to hear that your V will be properly taken care of. Hope it comes back in better shape then when you bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by whisler151 View Post
    Glad to hear that your V will be properly taken care of. Hope it comes back in better shape then when you bought it.
    Yeah, I hope so too. Overall, it was in really good condition & the only paint blemishes were smaller than a pencil eraser in about 5 different spots. The only thing I'm concerned about now is if they'll repaint the WHOLE car if the replace everything BUT the left rear quarter, front/rear driver side doors.

Awesome. Now my clutch is slipping.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

... (Realization as I was typing this . . . )
    I think they cut a lowball check hoping I'd just take it & not get the car repaired. The only way to get more money is to actually have the car repaired. Now it all kinda makes sense. ...
    Agreed.

I was with an insurance company for many years, and when I had a car stolen (my first SHO with 9k on the clock), they tried to low-ball me until I presented them with a half dozen other cars similar to mine that were going for more. Really erked my butt, let me tell you.

Awesome. Now my clutch is slipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    storms are getting out of hand...
    Hm-m ... that must've been some storm!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Hm-m ... that must've been some storm!
    No, just a car with 75k on the clock, it's started slipping some. Took it to the dealer I bought it from & they won't cover it under the powertrain warranty as it's a "wearable part, like brakes".

RADEoN is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Olds Aurora

buying these things used is a jinx. i did this 3 days after i bought mine:

Dropped the car off at Sewell yesterday & got a call from Sewell today. They've filed a supplemental with my insurance agency. The agency is going to come back to inspect or something.

Thus far, Sewell has said:
    new hood
    new roof
    new passenger door skins
    new trunk decklid
    new right front fender
    new unibody side panel (rear quarter to a pillar)

Minor PDR on the driver side with a few dents. There are a few dents on the driver side roof rail/rear quarter/front fender. I kinda hope they replace the left front fender so they have to repaint the driver side. There's a couple of very minor scuffs/scratches on that side I'd like to see disappear.

She does look good clean/shiny from the non lumpy turd side:

darvish is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 sedan , 11 Wagon

Pretty amazing story. I sold a 95 Impala SS to get my first V in 2005.... Fast forward to april 22... had my 05 V and my 3 week old 2011 Diamond edition V wagon in the driveway...... HAIL... nailed both of them... PLUS the tornado north of here took out my 24 foot enclosed car trailer..... good news is.. paintless dent removal did an incredible job on both cars.

Are you in St Louis?

atc5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '96 Impala SS...saving for V wagon

sorry to see the hail damage!

funny thing is i'm looking to make the jump from a 96 Impala SS to a CTS-V as well....my SS only has 44k miles on it though!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.