Suggestions for Brakes 2005 CTS-V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Suggestions for Brakes 2005 CTS-V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I wanted to get cross drilled rotors for 2005 CTS-V, I have read they are not suggested for daily driven ...
    Johnson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2000 Trans AM WS6

Suggestions for Brakes 2005 CTS-V

I wanted to get cross drilled rotors for 2005 CTS-V, I have read they are not suggested for daily driven because guys have had issues with them cracking. What is everyone doing for brakes? best options pads and rotors. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Suggestions for Brakes 2005 CTS-V

Cross drilled will most likely be fine for daily drive. You get into problems on the track.

If you want nice daily driven cross drilled call Luke at Lindsay for the GM Performance cross drilled rotors. He can set you up with proper pads as well.

apsitter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I have the GM Cross Drilled from Luke on my 2005. They look awesome. I haven't really had enough time with them to comment on the cracking issues other have talked about though. If you're just daily driving I would think you'd be fine. Luke carries the Hawk HPS pads, and he ordered the Hawk Performance Ceramics for me. If you want a lot of bite on the brakes get the HP+ for the front, but know they dust A LOT.

JustinC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

From reading around here I've found:

Stock rotors are cheap(~$67ea) http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...artnumber=CTSV
    Better rotors will cost double at least.

HP1001 stock GM pads are fantastic when the stock braking system is in good maintenance with better brake fluid.

Hawk HPS pads: Its argued whether these give less dust and dont stop as well.
    Hawk HP+ pads: Its a track pad. Stops better, more dust, makes noise and will rotors faster. Pretty simple

Everyone elses pads are categorized pretty well. The GM pads are pretty hard to beat for performance, dust level and no noise. My opinion is they are the best street/track pad if your vehicle is daily driven.

I'm tracking the car at 3 different road courses this year 5-6 times. I will replace with stock rotors/pads, Motul 600 brake fluid and possibly SS brake lines for feel. I've even run Ford Dot3 brake fluid(fresh) at an airport on a top gear course setup and had 0 brake fade during 20min sessions.

Lastly read the FAQ! http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/brkpadspec.html

kevm14 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray CTS-V

I'm not entirely sure my HPS pads can engage ABS on a dry surface. When they have a little heat in them they seem better, but if stock and HP+ both stop better cold, and also work better hot, why would I choose HPS? They came on the car and don't dust, and have been wearing well, so they'll stay on for now...

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

My HP+ pads weren't over the top dusty compared to the stock pads. They don't squeal for me and I got over 50k miles on my front rotors(never replaced the rears) using HP+ pads on the street and Hawk Blues on the track. The HP+ pads work well on the track but just as well on the street.

odla is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Yup i turned my front calipers gold with hp+, rbf600, ss lines and the stock rotors. I track what i drive on the street and only have noise when its cold out side. Brakes haven't faded after a 30 min session on the track and i am able to keep up with faster cars with later braking. Rotors have only been changed once and that was when i put all these parts on the car.

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Guys,

I swapped out my front rotors for the UUC two piece rotors, and went with CarboTech AX6 pads last fall.

For pads, I've had the stockers, HPS (BLECH!), HP+, and the AX6's. I've ran CarboTech XP8, 10 and 12 at the track. AX6's stop a lot better than HP+'s. They dust a lot as well (though not quite as much as the HP+'s). The issue with the AX6's is that they need a little bit of heat in them (more than the HP+), are noisy (the squeal eventually quited down, but did not go away; initially they sounded like a dump truck), but most of all they chewed through my front rotors in 10k miles. AX6 stopping power is pretty phenominal for something you can use on the street.

Although I really liked the HP+, I think I might give the CarboTech Bobcats a try (one step down from AX6's). I wouldn't do anything less than HP+'s on my car. I love to go fast, but stopping on a dime is pretty awesome too.

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.