Possible Aluminum radiator for the CTS-V. American made, all aluminum. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Possible Aluminum radiator for the CTS-V. American made, all aluminum. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Well, the rad designer has my V rad and a gang of pics and measurements to see about fabbing one ...
    Squid4life is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: Possible Aluminum radiator for the CTS-V. American made, all aluminum.

Well, the rad designer has my V rad and a gang of pics and measurements to see about fabbing one up. He has it in design/engineering, and once it is completed I will be testing the first V rad made by him. I am excited! We talked about how to proceed with options, like the U in the top to make room for an intake, but are contemplating exactly how to approach it. I said some guys who don't have the need for the U might not want it, wanting more to stay mostly stock in appearance, but you never know. If they were all made to clear an intake later, it would not limit you for future upgrades. I know if you are like me you say "I will never need that", then get bitten by the mod bug...

We shall see, I will report more as I know it, but it looks like another aluminum radiator, which is MADE IN THE USA!!!, and is very close to stock appearing, will be available to us.

Jeremyt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 cts-v silver/tan

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    I would go for a radiator designed with clearance for a cold air intake as pictured.
    If N/A guys didn't have to worry about air intake tubing clearance with the p/s pulley, there would be plenty of room for thicker radiator.
    I like this idea a lot, except for the hood latch part. I was looking at it the other day wondering if i could lean the rad back a little to run an intake pipe down in front of it.... i cant wait to see the results either way.....

Well, talked to the guy who is building the radiator and he said it shouldn't be more than a few more weeks. Man, I am chomping at the bit to see it and get it in!

Well, as promised here is the radiator Peter from ALRADCO made. These are his pics, and the rad is in the mail to me right now. I will post a ton more pics when I get it here, and will do an install/how to thread with comparisons and details. I think it turned out awesome! I can't wait to see it in person!

After seeing the detail, welds, etc I wondered if he was going to be able to keep it affordable. Like with the Grand National radiators, he is not asking a ton trying to make a ton of money. He is trying to do something good for the hobby and give everyone something we can enjoy. The price???? Under $500! I am sure he could ask more, but he feels there is no reason to rake guys over the coals.

Take a peek, let me know if you have any questions, and stay tuned for the install/comparison thread!!!

James

EDIT: There is a reason for the Red, White, and Blue in the background. Peter's radiators are AMERICAN made!

Attached Images

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

+1 on the U.S. Flag!

Quick update with some pics I took of the rad today. Was a little rushed so they are not the best. Will get better ones during the install process, hopefully tomorrow. I am very impressed with the workmanship on this thing. The welds are really nice, the radiator hose necks are super thick, it is now a two core, vice a single core like the stocker, it is wider, but not overly wide, and the places where you thread a nut into are helicoiled. That will make it nice where you won't spin the threads out the first time you bolt it in and get a little aggressive... He plans to offer it black powder coated as well, if you prefer the semi-stock look.

soflarick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

That sounds like outstanding work. Helicoils are an impressive touch.

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

Very nice piece, looks 100xs better then stock

looks similar to the ron davis unit but not in price.. Keep us updated!
    OTR CAI-- JONCR96Z-- he dropped the radiator a bit and remounted it on a angle

Quote Originally Posted by soflarick View Post
    That sounds like outstanding work. Helicoils are an impressive touch.
    Yeah, that is what I thought! I am very impressed with it. And, knowing how well the other one works in my Grand National that he made, I am anxious to get it in. It is crazy about his radiators, I almost just want to hang them in the garage and stare at them. I have a thing for nice welds, quality workmanship, and also love it when someone identifies a need and says "sure, let's make one", like it is as easy as changing your oil. Oh, and made in the USA (Cali no less) gets big points in my book. I know it is cheaper to get stuff made in China, but the quality control is usually hit and miss. This thing is all around great in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post
    Very nice piece, looks 100xs better then stock
    looks similar to the ron davis unit but not in price.. Keep us updated!

OTR CAI-- JONCR96Z-- he dropped the radiator a bit and remounted it on a angle
    That is pretty interesting! I like how he did that, will have to search his username for info/pics. That makes a lot of sense.
    Yeah, I have to agree it is much better than stock. This thing should last forever. Mine seeps, but man that pic you have is pretty bad! I will start another install thread after I get it in and get all the pics laid out. I want to be able to compare before and after, that is important to me. I will post up everything I can about this beast, and keep updating as I drive it more, and put it through more tests. I will also let you guys know once testing is done, and when Peter gets everything online for selling these, and if there are going to be options like the "U" channel on the top for CAI.

Now that I looked at mine more closely, mine leaks in a few spots, almost as bad as yours, shady!

New radiator is in:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...d-alradco.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.